Friday, September 17, 2010

Alcohol Ink Background Tutorial

Please don't get sick of seeing this image from me over and over.. lol! He is one of my fav's and if you've read any of my other comments.. I am just building up my stock of colorable (is that even a word?) stamps. Anyhow ~ He is a Penny Black stamp and I am super excited about him today for two, yes count 'em, two reasons. For the first, he was created for the "Ways to use It" challenge at Splitcoaststampers. The challenge this week is "ransom" style. See how the saying looks like a ransom note? I thought it was a great way to get the message "Hello" because I don't actually have a stamp that says just "hello. He was colored with copics. But the other reason I am super excited about this card (drumroll please)... I am so giggling to myself at how ridiculous I am being.. but I really am excited. Ok here it is!!
I made my very first tutorial video today to show a technique I personally haven't come across. And believe me, I search tutorials. I've learned everything I know from you great ladies and I was excited to think I have something to share.

Thanks for looking and I really do appreciate you taking the time to come by!! There are so many great sites and I am glad that your browsing brought you to me!


Donna Heber said...


I love your Penny Black stamp. This is such a wonderful card and you did an excellent job coloring it!

KER said...

great card...very cute...and the tutorial was helpful

Sammi said...

What a cute card! Thanks for your application to our DT! :D

Brenda said...

Great tutorial Dana!!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

Hey this is too cool! I love my alcohol inks and will definitely have to try using my copics this way too!