Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Baby Girl Card

This bathing beauty was created for the Featured Stamper Challenge FS188 at Splitcoaststampers. The image is a digi stamp I purchased from Mami Doodles . This set comes with both a boy and a girl. Their names are Amy and Jamie. I think she is just the sweetest lil' thing!! I just want to pinch those chubby cheeks!
I cut out two of the largest scalloped circle Nestabilities and used the other for the inside of the card.
I didn't want to lose any of the image size so instead of leaving the scallops above the fold I created the card base of of dark pink cardstock. I traced the lid of one of my large jars and just left the top of the circle above the fold so they stay attached.
I just love the way the inside of the card turned out. I actually had to add the button to offset the popped up "Baby" medallion on the front. It's a round card and wanted to roll to the left.  It's acting as a counter weight but I think it really adds to the overall design.
The stamps for the inside of the card are those cheap clear dollar stamps.. sorry, the name escapes me.. but you know the ones. All three stamps were in one set: Baby, Welcome to the world and the flowers. Glad I picked those up : )
She was colored with copics and here's the rundown:
Skin: E02, E00 and E000
Hair: Y11, Y17 and Y21
Bathtub: C3, C5 and C7 then I mottled it with the Colorless Blender (0).
Bubbles: B00, B02 and highlighted with clear Glitter glue.
Pink flowers on tub and hairband: RV02 and RV06
(They were colored twice and popped up)
Well, I think that's all there was.


Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

This is so sweet. Love the way you colored the image. I'm glad you found Mami Doodles. :)

Elenka said...

What amazing and funny baby! I loved the card very much!