Thursday, September 2, 2010

Penny Black "Fly Away"


Isn't this little guy just the cutest?? He is from Penny Black and he is called "Fly Away".  He is actually for Digi Doodle Shops Best Challenge for last week which was "Distressed" but will work equally well with this weeks challenge of "Write Me a Message".
 The paper I used is from Cosmo Cricket and I think it just lends itself to the whole distressed feel. The distressing was carried out on the sentiment. He was colored with Copics and cut out with Nesabilities.
There is actually a little story associated with the purchase of this stamp and if your interested... read on ; )
I recently lost my father to luekemia. It was a short and tragic battle and I wouldn't wish that kind of heartache on anyone. But... if there is a glimmer of sunshine in that whole cloudy event it is that I was blessed to adopt my dads best friend and his wife as my new aunt and uncle.  We spent a lot of hours together at my dads bedside both in the hospital and then in hospice. My dad and he shared a love of RC airplanes. I came across this stamp and new I just had to create it for Blaire because the dog actually looks just like his dog PeeWee too!!  Below is a pic of my dad with his RC airplane, or I should say, ONE of his airplanes.. lol.


See what I mean?? The stamp couldn't have been more perfect!! If there is one thing I could inspire you with today it is to live each day to the fullest!! It seems so cliche because we hear it so often but we really don't know what tomorrow will bring.

 God Bless and thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Awwwww this is just the perfect image, sorry about your Dad too. Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
xx

KymKreates said...

Wow this is too perfect and when we find a stamp like this it means that much more to us! I am certain that he will love the card!

Thanks for sharing with us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

KymKreates
DT Coordinator

Elizabeth said...

Such a perfect card for Blaire and your Dad. As soon as I saw it, I thought of Jim and all of his RC planes. You have such talent, for just starting this hobby. You and Betty are going to have such fun together soon!

Monika Reeck said...

I love your Images and the DP is adorable too great card for Man or Boy...Thanks for joining with us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.Monika.

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is stunning! Love the paper, layers and embellishments! Most of all how you colored the image is fantastic! Hugs, Karen

P.S. If you love challenges you are sure to love this blog:
www.felineplayful.blogspot.com

Roxie said...

He looks like he enjoyed the hobby for sure and
the plane looks almost large enough to get in!

The image is just perfect for his friend and to think his dog looks the same made me smile.

Nice words of wisdom and they can never be said to often!