Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fall Tilda

I can't decide if this is the one that's going to end up being my daughters birthday card or not. If it goes to her I'll have to add some butterflies. She's been crazy about them her whole life. When she was a baby she called them "Fly Flies".
So many details so bear (hhmmm.. bear or bare?) with me. I just got this paper pack at Michaels and the only name on it in Ancestory.com. Can that be right? They are gorgeous papers whoever is actually making them. They are really thick and textured with old looking prints. Love them. Bought two packs and I might go back for more.
The shapes were all cut out with my cricut. Then I took the leaf border and embossed it on the back side and then debossed on the front. In jewelry making this is called "repousse" but I don't know if that is a correct term in card making.
I have a jar of those single layer paper flowers and I pulled out every single creamy yellow (and if you notice I ran out and had to use a darker yellow on some of the centers) and created my own prima like flowers. They're not perfect but they were fun. I would have cut them out myself with my cricut but I don't have a pretty creamy yellow cardstock.
The little embellishments around the circle are just seed beads.
Tilda was colored with copics and here's those:
Hair: Y17, Y21 and Y31
Skin: E00, E000 and E02 (Cheeks R02)
Overalls: YG99, YG95 and YG91
Shirt and bow: E31 and E33
Socks: BG10
Obviously this card took some time but I think it paid off in the end.
Thanks for swinging by and have a blessed day!
Sarah Hurley Challenge (Big Hugs to Lisa Jane for that one!!)
If you know of any others this will fit for please leave a comment ; )


Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful card Dana - love the Autumnal colours and embellies .
Lisa ;)
ps you could enter this card into our challenge at Sarah Hurley this week

Lori said...

What a beauty of a fall card and she looks so perfect in her khaki overalls with all the fall leaves, thanks so much for joining us at Totally Tilda!

Linda w said...

Yes Dana, it was well worth your time. Quite stunning, love your flowers and your detail with the leaves. Really like your colours, and that lace detail is a dream. Great work. Hugs

crafty amy said...

This is so sweet I love how you have used those beads around Tilda :D You have rocked Donna's great layout :D
Thank you for joining us at KKKG and good luck.


Amy xx

Mandy said...

Dana your card is absolutely gorgeous, love your flowers they are fabulous and look like shop bought.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda for our glitter and sparkle challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Cindy2 said...

This is a wonderful combination of colors, often but autumn-like. Well done! Thanks for playing at the MSL challenge, come back again so we can see what you're up to. C2

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Very lovely.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Nice coloring on Tilda! I love all of the different embellishments too - they look amazing together!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!


Michelle said...

Hi Dana

Wow, your card is stunning! I love the autumn leaves, love everything actually. Your colouring is superb.
Thanks for joining in the fun this week at KKKG.

Michelle :-)

Donna Heber said...


Pretty ... pretty ... pretty. Love your fall Tilda card.

Denise said...

beautiful card like the way you have done the lace and those flowers are fantastic
thanks for sharing

Marianne said...

This is just gorgeous!!! I love the leaves and the roses. A beautiful card!!!
Thank you for joining Sketchy Colors, and lots of luck!
Hugs, Marianne:)

Peta's Blog said...

Wow this is stunning! I love the colours and the flowers and leaves are just perfect! Thanks so much for sharing at MDUC xoxo Peta

LynneForsythe said...

what a SWEET card!!! and the colors are just WONDERFUL!

thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

Adria (I now have 3 Copics!) Slauterbeck said...

beautiful colors. Lovely card; I especially love the the leaves.
Thank you for sharing your colorful and creative "seasons change" project with us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

Denise @ kc242 said...

wow Tilda is colored and shaded beautifully. Your fine details of the florals is just a perfect finishing touch! thanks so much for joining us this week at the creative card crew

Leonie said...

Just gorgeous!1 Love how Tilda is sitting on the scattering of leaves! thanks for joining us this week at SSC for our seasons change challenge.
Hugs Leonie

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

Hope you don't mind me stopping by your blog to tell you about Papercraft Star (just in case you don't already know!) We'd love to have you enter some of your inspired projects in our challenges there. We're also having a DT call soon and want to tell papercrafters like you about the call! There is still time to enter our PTI gift certificate drawing too! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

Ildiko said...

What a gorgeous card. Thanks playing along with TT this week

Princess Scary said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenges - I hope you will come back again soon!

Sarah x