Tuesday, September 7, 2010

FS187 Challenge

This was created for the Featured Stamper challenge at SplitcoastStampers.  This weeks spotlighted stamper is Emily and I had a ball browsing her gallery. Click here to see the card that inspired me.
I had a ball making this card. I love the clicky noise paper makes when you distress it!! I know.. silly, huh? But, so true!! I created the sentiment on my 'puter because I couldn't find a stamp that I liked with the image. I thought it was a cute pun to go with this image.
Papers: XpedX and a brown paper bag (doing my part to recycle)
Stamp: Unity
Techniques: Distressing
Accessories: Ribbon, rick rack trim, Leaf buttons, twine and embroidery floss, rectangle rhinestone

Here's a great crafty tip I had learned from ttp://www.twopeasinabucket.com/ ,  when distressing small items like I did on the leaf buttons put them on the sticky side of a post-it note. It keeps them from sliding around. Just thought I'd pass on that helpful little tid bit.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!


Tania said...

Hi Dana,
I just love the colours and the image! You are a very talented colouring artist and I am enjoying reading your blog! I especially like that you name all of the copics you have used!
All the very best wishes! Tania

Crafty Lou said...

Hi!this is just lovely,the layout is so nice and great colours too.
hugs Lou.xx