Wednesday, September 22, 2010

House Mouse Smiles

I am looking at this image and trying to focus on the "Smile" part.. lol. The photography on this one is way off but that's how it goes some days. The ribbon is the same color as the purple on those flowers, if you can believe it!! The ribbon looks almost eggplant in this pic. Enough griping.. ok.. that's a lie.. Keep reading ; )
This was made for a challenge at
 Simon Says Challenge and House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. (I am sure I will find more). Both were sketch challenges so I did take a few liberties to make it work for both.
The mouse is popped up.. and do you want to know why? Oh my gosh!! I had already punched the corners with that wonderful EK Success corner punch, worked the ribbon through the corners, tied the bow, glued it to the yellow border background and the popped it up to the yellow swirl background. I was sitting there working on the flowers and happened to glance up and could NOT believe it. The House Mouse was totally crooked!! There was no way to salvage it because of all the that stuff up there ^^^. Even taking apart the layers couldn't fix it because when I punched the corners I did not realize the lip of the glass was not level. I just happened to have a 2nd mouse colored which was actually my first attempt but totally hated the flower. So, to make a really long story a little shorter, I just cut out the glass and mouse and rounded it around my bottle of prima flowers then double popped him up so the top of the glass is level. Then I tried to hide the section of the glass that showed from the first layer with the flowers. Now that I've told you.. can you tell??
Needless to say.. this little mouse gave me a run for my money. The name is Splish, Splash, a Citrus bath. And you know what?? I think it's time for a glass a wine, some candles and a nice long soak in a super hot bath!!
Thanks for looking. And really.. I'll be ok (wink)


Tammy said...

Great blog and love your tutorials! I found you via Jimlynn. I'll be back, I enjoyed your cards.

jimlynn said...

I didn't even notice that the glass was not straight....maybe that means he has already had way too much to drink!! HA!! I think it's just precious!!! Love how you did the ribbon too.

Sue from Oregon said...

Sometimes a card will just make you scream! Your fussin paid off as you made it work though!!! If you had not squealed on yourself, no one would know lOL! Thanks for sharing your fun creation with us for our anniversary blog hop at HM&F's Monday Challenge!

Rica said...

Hi Dana, your rescued your oops brilliantly - I have a bin full of oopsies!! Love your colour choice and great colouring of you image.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at House Mouse & Friends.
hugs Heather xx

Donna Heber said...


Cute card. I love the mouse in the glass!

Leanne said...

This card is adorable and really made me smile! I also got tickled reading your post, things like this happen to me all the time!! That is such a cute House Mouse stamp and you've done a great job coloring! TFS!!

email: said...

I love these bright colors!! Such a cute image, too!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!


debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous card, such an adorable sweet image.

Tracy S said...

So cute!

Christine said...

Gorgeous HM creation lovely image colouring fab colour combo & ribbon great take on the sketch thanks for sharing & joining us at HM&F chall. hop..

smiles Christine xx

Sue said...

Dana, how cute is this little mouse! Pretty papers and embellishments too. Thanks for sharing your card with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge and Blog Hop. Nicely done.

Take Care
Sue Drees

Lisa said...

Adorable card! Thanks for joining the HM&F Celebration Blog hop and Challenge!

Jane said...

It's gorgeous and well worth the effort to fix it!! I do that a lot LOL! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, hugs, Jane xxx