Thursday, September 9, 2010

Light Switch Cover

So simple and so fun!!  I remember helping my mom when she would wallpaper a room. That was my little project,  to cover the switchplates. I made these to add some funk and color to my new craft room. I love this paper from Basic Grey. It's called Lime Rickey. I also embossed the screws with bright orange ink and clear embossing powder. Added some buttons, and there you go!
Here's a pic of the back side while in progess.
Before folding paper back

And after folding to back side. 


Kandis said...

Can you tell me how you covered the paper to the plate? Did you use Modge Podge? Did you put something on top to seal it down?

danac said...

Kandis, I actually just used double sided tape. I figure once it is mounted to the wall that will hold everything tight in place. I didn't cover with modge podge because I wanted it to look like paper. Since it's just me now and I don't have to worry about kids dirty hands I can get away with that. But I bet Modge Podge would work great if you needed it sealed. I actually took a pic of the back side while I was making it so I will edit the post to show that also.
Thanks for commenting!