Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mami Doodles "Sonia"

This was created for the Embellishment Challenge - cdacec6 at CDAC. The image is available free to anyone participating in todays challenge. The artist is Elisa from Mami Doodles. I've purchased a few of her digi images already and plan on getting some more. They are adorable!!
So this challenge was to use embellishments on top of the image. In the original artwork Sonia is holding a bouquet of flowers so it was easy!! For my embellishments I just used my Martha Stewart Hydrangea punch on some of my original background papers and some holligraphic tissue paper. (At least it said tissue paper on the package but is more like a very, very thin mylar material).
Copics used to color her:
Skin: E000, E00, E02 and R02 for blush
Hair: E37, E33 and E31
Dress: BG10, BG13 and BG72
Stockings: R81 (yep, just one color!)
Shoes: E37
Stems and shoes highlighted with green glitter pen and white opaque gel pen (both from Sakura).
The centers of the flowers she is holding are silver pearls. The centers of the flowers on the bottom left are an assortment of seed beads from my jewelry making days.
The image was cut out with a Nestabilities scalloped circle as well as the teal behind it. The inner circle was distressed with a Martha Steward purple ink while still in the die to give it that outer edge.
I misted the teal XpedX paper slightly before running it thru my Sizzix Big Kick a 2nd time to emboss it. I forgot where I learned that tip but I think it does give you a deeper, more pronounced embossing.
One last detail... (I think it is taking me almost as long to write about it as it did to create her.. grin)
Her face, hands are popped up twice and her dress once. That never shows well in pics and I always forget to do a side image. But you get the idea.
Thanks for reading this novel and have a great day!!

No comments: