Thursday, September 2, 2010

Moms Birthday Card

I created this for my mother in laws birthday card. I knew her favorite flower is a lilac but I didn't have any stamps that would work with what I had envisioned. So I went on a google quest and found the perfect digi image at Digi Doodle Shop.  You can check out all there great digi images by following the link at the right.
I watercolored this image and used my Martha Stewart hydrangea punch to cut out flowers in three different shades of purples. To give the punched flowers more depth and to make them more life like I curled the petals back on each flower before I glued them to the image. I wanted a little of the original image to show underneath to give it depth. I placed the darker flowers first in the center of the cluster then continued out with the lighter shade and last with the very lightest.  Next I added the silver pearl embellishments to highlight a few of the blooms. I used  Glossy Accents on some of the blooms and sprinkled with Martha Stewart purple glitter.
This was a really fun card to make and my Mother In Law loved it. (She actually cried!!)

No comments: