Friday, September 3, 2010

My Angel or Fairy.. you decide lol


I created this card for the Mad for Markers pink Challenge. The image is my own that I drew in pencil, then inked with a 0.5 Copic liner in black.  I drew her on a full size 8 1/2 x 11" of paper then scanned her in and shrank her down for the size I needed for this card. The inspiration to create her came from a lady in my Copic club that says she hates all the "cutesy" images. I personally love almost anything I can color with my copics,  even if it's just an open font. But it did get me doodling. My absolute favorite things to color in copics are hair, skin, ruffles and layers in clothing and absolutely anything reflective.
Here's a rundown on how I colored her:
Skin: E000, E00 and E02
Hair: Y17, Y21, E31 and just the littlest bit of E33
Lips: R85, E00 to soften
Tutu: R81, R83 and R85
(K, that's what I first used..lol. It was too bland for what I was looking for so then I went back and added lots of RV02, RV06 and a touch of RV09)
Belt: BG13, BG10
Her wings were just outlined with B00
Ballet shoes: RV02, RV06
I don't think it shows up on the pic too well but I lightly outlined her legs with RV02 and then blended with the colorless blender. I really wanted them to look like shippery tights so then I added cross hatching with my Clear Star Gelly Roll pen by Sakura.
The bling are three clear rhinestones colored with Copics RV09. And learn from my mistake. Don't put them down on your project until they are dry.. lol. I didn't like where I had first placed them and when I picked them up to move them they had left the faintest outline. But there are no mistakes in cardmaking, right?? Just do-overs... lol. So that's where all the off stamping swirls came in. In all honesty, I wouldn't have added those if it weren't for that little mishap but in the end I was glad it happened because I think it really adds to the overall feel of the card.
Thanks for stopping by and my prayer is that you have a very blessed and peaceful day!

2 comments:

Sammi said...

What a fun card! how clever you are! Thanks for joining us at Mad for Markers to colour pink!
Sammi
xxx

Emma said...

WOW, Can't believe you drew this...GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for joining in our Pink Challenge over at Mad for Markers!