Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My very first post!

As I said in my lil' "About Me" section, I am a very recent empty nester.  All the more devestating because up until last week I was blessed to have our grown daughter Sara and my first grandchild, Joshua, live with us for the last 13 months. She came home to live with us while her husband was stationed in Afghanistan who recently returned to the states. They left last week and I cannot believe how quiet (and how my house is now.
  I have always crafted and was drawing and coloring as long as I can remember. I was introduced to cardmaking by my Stepmom earlier this year. She has tried to get me involved before and I honestly do not know why I wasn't hooked years ago. But everything happens in its right season and I couldn't have gotten hooked at a better time!!
And then I discovered Copics. Do I need to say anymore?? I am totally and absolutely in love with these markers. I am not certified but am hoping to be one day.
Today I took over one of the spare rooms and am creating my own space. I have never had a craft room and can't wait to complete it so I can share before and after pics. Maybe even a video. 
Well, that's all for today. It took me the better part of the evening to figure out the layout and design of this blog so after spending a day painting.. I think it's time for a glass of wine and bed.
God Bless!!
but I will share a pic of Joshy : )

Ain't he the cutest thing ever??


KymKreates said...

lovely blog and introduction. I have only been blogging for less than a year. Just see how fast it will take off.


Sally said...

Welcome to Blog land. Great introduction. I think you will get hooked on blogging,I just wish I had more time. Have fun.
Hugs Sally xxx

Roxie said...

He is a cutie for sure!
You'll love having your own space, my daughter's bedroom is my stamping space and my son's room became the sewing and computer room...LOL and their old bathroom is where I clean up after inking up! They've been gone much longer than your three.
I see you are pretty new to blogging too, like me!

ThePurplePlace said...

He is absolutely ADORABLE! I look forward to my days of being a Nana and hoping I have such a sweet loving grand baby! Bless you all!!


Charlene said...

Congratulations on becoming an empty nester Dana!! And on getting your own craft room! My son is in the process of finding a new job...hopefully he manages that as he wants to move out with a friend if he can find full time work...then my dh's office can go downstairs and I can move my craft area upstairs where it's nice and bright and light. We'll still have the dd hear but at least I'll have a bit more room. Not that I'm wanting to push my son out the door lol. And your little grandson, Josh, is adorable! They're so cute at that age.