Saturday, September 11, 2010

Penny Black Hoppy Day

This "Hoppy" little guy is for the Way to use It Challenge at SC.  The Challenge WT287 was to use twine. It really works well with this stamp and gives it that down home feel.  You can almost smell the creek, can't ya? And those buttons... got to love Grandma!! The top button still has her thread in it. She must've cut it off something and threw it in her tin. I can spend hours, literally, going thru her tin of buttons and do-dads.
And here is the "Lime Rickey" paper from Basic Grey that I used on the Light Switch covers. I love this paper!!

He's a busy little guy in a few challenges today. His next event is at Penny Black Saturday Challenge. This weeks challenge is a card for a man or boy.  Being the mom of two grown men (still hard to think about them like that.. still my babies at 6' 4" and 6' 6"!!) I have a lot of memories of snakes, frogs, pollywogs, crawfish... anything they could catch.

Then he is jumping (hopping..lol) to Penny Black at Allsorts Challenge. This months challenge is to Punch it up! I chose the punch I did (Fiskars) because I thought it sort of resembled a bandana.
Then he's off to Basic Greys challenge with a slight modification. He had to change clothes because the challenge there is paper piecing. Can you spot the difference??

Thanks for taking time out of your day to come and visit me!
Dana
oh, and geesh.. almost forgot. He was colored with Copics. Sorry, I colored this awhile back so I could not be 100% certain. I wish I was because I really liked how his straw hat turned out. **Note to self** write it down.. lol!!

9 comments:

Rica said...

Hi Dana, both great cards, what a cute image, great choice of papers and wonderful detailing.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Basic Grey and entering our DT call.
hugs Heather xx

Jules said...

Hi Dana

You have used your Penny Black "Hoppy Day" stamp beautifully and your lovely punch.

I love the colours you have chosen and your brilliant colouring / shading.

I too have inherited lots of buttons from my late Mum in Law .. to add to my already rather large collection!! If something is past being sent to the charity shop then I always remove all the buttons for my tin. How many shirt buttons do I have?!?!?!?!? LOL!!

Thank you for sharing with Penny Black at Allsorts this month.

Love Jules xx

brenda said...

Hi Dana

A really super card.

This little fellow really is a great image, as soon as I saw him I had to ahve, as you say it's got a real 'home' feeling.

Thank you for sharing with us at Penny Black at Allsorts this month and good luck.

B x

Fleur said...

Oh my, this is just perfect for our theme, I adore the image ~ he's one of my faves. Those buttons remind me of liitle loaves of bread, it would be perfect for harvest time
Thanks for joining Penny Black @ ALLSORTS this month, good luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Mummylade said...

what a lovely card! The string is a perfect detail. Thank you so much for entering the Penny Black@Allsorts challenge with this!

Debs said...

Fabulous card - love all the detail and your colouring is perfect.
Thanks for sharing it with us at Penny Black at Allsorts.
Hope to see you again.
Debs xx

kath said...

such a cute male card dana......thanks for joining in the fun this weke at PBSC...hugs kath xxx

Kirsten said...

Fabulous card the string look great...x

Thanks for joining us this month at Penny Black at Allsorts hugs Kirsten...x

Kathy said...

This is so adorable...I can't believe that you cut around the wheat...it's so tiny. Great male card :)