Sunday, September 5, 2010

Penny Black Saturdays Challenge

This was created for this Penny Blacks Saturday Challenge.   I really wish the pic showed how beautiful the purple paper and fibers are. This is one of my favorite images to color. These girls are just too sweet!! 
The flowers were made by cutting out in three different sizes. Each size was colored a different color with water color pencils and an aqua brush. Each flower was crumpled into the smallest pea size ball I could get and left to dry. When you unfold they are totally flexible and have that great distressed look. Pierced a hole in the center of each with my needle tool and layered all three together and secured with a brad. They were a little too bright for this card so I distressed with Vintage Photo ink.
Hope you have a great holiday weekend!!


kath said...

beautiful card dana and gorgeous colour work...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxx

Cri W, said...

Dana...I love this one. I may have to get this stamp to send to my sister who live in NY..I love your site...

Cri ..Copic class