Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Poppies!!

This card was for SplitcoastStampers Sketch Challenge 297 and it was a challenge, let me tell ya'! I think I drank too much coffee this morning to be doing all that cutting~~ but I still have all my fingers, so that's a good thing!
The image is a digital image from Digi Doodle Shop. As I've mentioned before, I was (and I guess always with be) a florist. I am drawn towards images of flowers and this image was a joy to color. It was colored with Copic markers and here are the colors I chose:
Poppies: R29, R27, YR09, YR07 and YR65
Greenery: YG11, YG03, YG63 and E37
The papers are from The Paper Studio and XpedX.
The edges of the patterned papers were distressed with Tim Holz Fired Brick Distress Ink.
The embellishment is from K&Company
Well, now that it's done I guess it's time to get back to the real world and fold some laundry.
Oh and don't forget to check out the free papers I added!!

1 comment:

Roxie said...

Great job with the layout and I think you deserve the certified copics thingy too. I have not yet gotten into those but I'm thinking on it.

As for layouts, my favorite is a nice size panel with a large even border all around. I often wonder why I'm the sketch hostess on SCS...I think because it helps so many others.