Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pumpkin Emma

It's been a very productive day, but then again, it started at 3:30 am!! I hate when you can't sleep but I've learned not to fight it. I got up and started coloring with my Copics.  I had both Emma and my adorable little cowboy (if you haven't seen him be sure to check the other post for today) completely finished by 6:30 am. So it was a nice relaxing day of just playing with different layouts. (And checking the galleries and forums at Splitcoaststampers!!) It was a nice change after my House Mouse fiasco from yesterday ; )
Anyhow.. on to precious Pumpkin Emma from the Sugarplum line. I adore this image and I did not realize that she is available from All that Scraps in both rubber and a digi image. I only have her as a digi image but when I went to their site to double check her name (I hate to get it wrong) I noticed they have both.
This card is for All the Scraps weekly Wednesday challenge. And guess what!!! I won their challenge last week!! I am so excited I can't hardly stand it because I've never won anything before!!
 This weeks challenge is a color challenge using pumpkin, burgandy and artichoke. At first I thought that background paper was a little too summery for a fall pic but ya' know what? I like it and I think it works.
Of course, by now maybe you've realized I never do just one! And this card is no different. She's also participating in the challenge at Meljen's Designs where I had picked up that adorable "Happy Fall" image.  The challenge there is Autumn colors so that was easy, peasy.
Now I am off to All that Scraps and Meljens for some linkage.
oops..I keep forgetting to add the good stuff ; )
Copics used:
Skin: E000, E00 and E02
Hair: Y21, E31, and E33
Dress, Shoes and Hairband: R39
Pumpkin: YR09, YR07, YR04 and YR65
Wagon: E31, E33 (wheels are C03 and C05)
Additional Challenges:
Charisma Cardz Challenge
Moving Along With the Times  A "to do list" challenge.
1) Leaves
2) Buttons
3) New technique (at least successfully for me. I tried it once before and it was a disaster!! I went outside the Nestie border with my image.)
Cute Card Thursday
Papercraft Star


Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful Autumnal colours , and cute little image
Thanks for joining in with our to do list challenge over at MAWTT this week
Lisa ;)

Brenda Brown said...

This is a lovely card Dana and thankyou for joining in with my 'To Do List' challenge at MAWTT this week. What were the 3 elemets of the list that you chose to use?
Luv Brenda xxx

Lynn McAuley said...

What beautiful work with Emma!! This autumn creation is absolutely delightful, Dana!!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Love the colours you have used here. Golly I hope you get some sleep tonight. Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh I hate not being able to sleep, but mine is mostly down to hubby snoring lol...Gorgeous card hun, amazing colouring & your new technique mmmm not had the courage to try this one yet lol!!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week! Good Luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Friday said...

Great coloring!! I'm just started in copic coloring. Hope to learn from all of you. TFS!! Friday

Emora Designs said...

What an adorable card! I love that you substituted the flowers for the leaves! Love the colors! Thank you for playing along with us at Papercraft Star!


♥♥♥Jan ♥♥♥ said...

The little wagon looks darling off the nesties, it sure adds a lot of dimension. Love your coloring, it is beautiful ! Thanks for playing with us at Papercraft Star this week, hope to see you next week as well !!

Julie said...

This is absolutely adorable! Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!


Tracy said...

Wow, what great colors! Wonderful papers and I love the little leaf buttons. Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Papercraft Star!

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

You did beautiful work with your Copics on this darling image! Thanks so much for entering your pretty creation here at Papercraft Star!

Vee said...

A fabuous card, love the colours and the sweet image.Thanks for playing with Charisma.
xx Vee

sweet craf-tea chick said...

very cute! i love the sugarplums! those leaf buttons are adorable! thanks for playing along with us at Papercraft Star this week! *hugs* steph :)

Sprytebyrd said...

Oh, Emma is so sweet! Lovely layout and an all-around wonderful card!
Thanks so much for joining us in our Autumn Colors challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot

Spyder said...

Very cute!!

Mary J said...

Adorable card, lovin' it!

Brenda said...

Great card. Really makes me want to go buy that one!

kelli said...

cute card!! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT! x

Annie said...

such a cute card with this adorable image! thanks for joining us at CCT.
hugs, annie x