Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Special Card for a Special Lady

This was definately a labor of love! It is a special card for a very special person.. my stepmom!!
She is the person that introduced me to this wonderful obsession of mine, so her birthday card needed to be extra special. I already texted her and told her she can't check the blog until she opens it and see's it in person first.. so any of you Sweet Pea Princesses (her very special group of friends) mums the word!!
This is entered in the "Totally Tilda" challenge .
The challenge this week is to make your own flowers. This whole color scheme was inspired by a roll of wrapping paper I found shopping for some household stuff Friday. If you've noticed from the name of my blog, I tend to be inspired by some pretty ordinary things I come across.  Obviously wrapping paper is too thin, so I just glued it to some cardstock. I found you do need to be careful and make sure you want whatever you put down to stay there because once it's down for even a second it will tear the paper if you try to reposition it. I also found a great way to keep the wrapping paper stored nicely. Since I knew I would only be using pieces as large as a card front I only pulled the shrink wrap on the outside of the tube down about 6" and cut throught the whole tube with my X-acto knife. That way the whole tube is not unwraveling and I have a nice little tube portion to store in my paper scrap tub for future projects.
The image is colored with Copics and here's the colors I used:
Skin: E02, E00 and E000. R02 was used for her cheeks
Blouse and Roses: Y11, Y08 and Y17
Overalls: B00, B02 with slight touches of BG72
Greenery: YG11, YG63 and YG67
The flowers were just cut out of yellow card stock with a Cuttlebug Die and all layers secured with a brad.
Ohh.. and I almost forgot!!
That cute panel behind her in the gorgeous glittery blue?? It was a scarf in the dollar bin!! I have lot's more plus some great trim on the was a great find!
Thanks so much for looking!
Other challenges : Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central: Anything Goes


Cindy2 said...

I like everything about this card, the colors, the layout - I think your love shines through this card. Great job and thanks for joining us at SSCC. C2

Sheri said...

Omg! She is going to completely fall in love! This is so fabulous!!!! Thanks so much for joining u's at SSCC!

Lynne said...

Such a lucky lady to receive such a beautiful card!! thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda this time xx Lynne xx

Susie Sugar said...

Like Lynne said before me Beautiful darling just beautiful
Thanks for joining us at the Totally Tilda Challenge
Hugs Susie & the TT Team xx

Christine said...

Stunning Tilda creation love the colour combo fab flowers ..thanks for sharing & joining us at Totally Tilda chall.

smiles Christine xx

craftykitten said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. I love all the colours you've used - just perfect. Thanks for joining in our Make Your Own Flowers challenge at Totally Tilda.
Dawn x

Stephanie said...

Beautiful card, your stepmom will just love this! Thanks for joining us at SSCC!

Roberta Laliberte said...

Gorgeous card! Love the handmade flowers and the way you have layered them is lovely!

Thanks for playing along with Totally Tilda!


Billie's Scrappetique said...

Awesome job! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central. Please join us again.