Thursday, September 9, 2010

Tilda in Lilac

This was created for the Totally Tilda Challenge. The challenge is Lilac and Lace. I have to admit, this is my very first coloring of a Tilda image. I just recently received a RAK (random act of kindness ... I had to look it up the first time I saw it) that included some of the stamped images of Tilda and Edwin. I was thrilled!

The background paper I made myself. Click here if you would like grab it. I really wish I would've thought to upload it before I cut into it.. but it's still a 1/2 sheet.
I used a Martha Stewart border punch to create the lace. I distressed it and the edge of the background paper with Tim Holz Distress Ink in Concord Grape. The flowers and greenery are actually from the kids art section at Walmart. They are packages of those little foam cut outs.. way too cute!! I added shadows with my Copics but the flowers were already glittered. I was a little hesitant about ruining my marker so I used the chisle tip and just dabbed.
Here's the colors for Miss Tilda:
Overalls: BV11 and BV13
Skin: E00, E02 and blush was added withR02
Shirt and Socks: BG10 and BG13
Hair: E31, E33 and Y21
Patches: R81 and R83
Lines added in cuffs, buttons and patches with a white gel pen.

I am limited in my choses of purples, but you make do with what you have.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Wow you clever thing your own B/ground..stunning Tilda creation gorgeous colour combo great take on the chall..
thanks for sharing & joining us at Totally Tilda
hope to see you again...

smiles Christine xx