Thursday, October 28, 2010

Digi Doodle Shop Best Challenge DDSB#31

It's a fun week over at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!! This week it's "Anything Goes"!! Woo-hoo..l love these kind of challenges.  I've been wanting to color this image for awhile. It makes me think of my mom. Not because of the pie.. lol. My mom doesn't bake, well not pies.  She loves geraniums!! We always had huge pots of them during the summer. In the falls we would go apple picking in one of the orchards not far from here. We would have apples coming out of our ears!! So, this is for mom... awwww ; )
Here's a close up so you can get a gander at how I put Glossy Accents on the apples to really make them pop.

Image: Digi Doodle Shop "Fresh Baked Pie"
Papers: Bazzill and K&Company Photo Mat Pack
Sentiment Stamp: The Paper Studio
Accessories: Crystal Effects (on apples)
Brads: Recollections
Misc. supplies: Black and white Prisma pencils
Mona Lisa orderless Mineral Spirits, Paper Stumps (Tortillons)
Ink: Tim Holtz "Peeled Piant" Distress Ink, Memento "Coco Brown"
Copics Used:
Shutters: YG91, YG95 and YG99
Bricks and Clay Pot: R02, E31 and E33
Shelf and Tree Trunk: E37, E33 and E31
Pie: Y21, C3
Window: BG10
Greenery: YG11, YG63, YG11
Apples: R29, R27, R24 and Y08
Shadows and House: BV20 and C3
As always, I am thrilled that you came to visit!!Now hurry.. go make something for the challenge.. lol.  Also swing by the rest of my teamies blogs!! You will be truly inspired!!


Karen said...

I love this Dana and the glossy apples are perfect.

ahlers5 said...

beautiful picture!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful! Those apples look very yummy too.

Brenda said...

This is stunning Dana!! Love this image. You colored it beautifully! Love the apples!

Lori said...

Hi Dana, what a beautiful card, I love the bit of colour on the inside of the window, beautiful work!

craftybunny said...

Dana your colouring is just beautiful.Those shiny apples look good enough to eat!
Lisa x

Julie said...

this is so pretty. You did a fabulous job coloring.

Katja said...

Great background on this beautifull card!

Katja (DDSB-DT)

Lisa Jane said...

what a wonderful scene - so welcoming
Lisa ;)

KraftyKoolKat said...

Love the image and your colouring is super. The apples look good enough to eat.


Diane said...

Great colouring of this happy little scene, Dana! Lovely card!
Diane x

Sara said...

Ah, love it! The apples look amazing!

Tracy said...

I think you need to give me coloring lessons. LOL I'm about to buy some Copics and I want to color like this. It's so soft and pretty. Beautiful card Dana!

Charlene said...

Wow...I came to say thank you for your kind comment on my blog...and bammm...I'm hit with your first card. All I can say is "Wow". I love it...I'm a big green fan, so I jus love your pp...and the digi you used just reminds me so much of a country home scene...too great! If you don't mind my did you do your apples on the tree?

WeirdCat said...

Love the shiny apples, wish our apple trees grew like this but this year we had a grand total of 5 apples!LOL.
Ruth x

Jóna said...

I absolutely love your card and your coloring is perfect !!!
Hugs, Jóna

Judy said...

Hi Dana,

Hun this is so so so pretty! I really love the color choices you used. When Mom showed me this stamp, I thought oh man..this is going to be a popular one, and you have truly done it justice. Fantastic job hun!