Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Josh's Halloween Card and a Freebie

I don't do scary.. so I thought this was adorable.. especially since my grandson is only 14 months! My daughter just told us they had gotten him a vampire costume. I think this is actually "Batman" but.. it works!
Do I hear an "Awwww!"? I know!! It's going to kill us that they are in Texas and we won't be able to spend it with them.
Here's the artsy, fartsy shots so you can see that cool embellie!!
Got to love Glossy Accents!! I just cut that out of this awesome paper (K&Company Halloween by Tim Coffey) and added Glossy Accents and pop dotted it!  And I am going to add below the file I created for that Word Art sentiment. It's the perfect size to cut out with a 1 1/4" round punch and layer with your smallest scallop nestie (or scallop, round punch).
And here's a close up of the coloring:
My grandson's really a blonde like his "PaPa" (they prounounce it Paw Paw) but with this little bit showing I didn't do it blonde. (He doesn't actually have fangs either.. lol)
And here's the Word Art I used here. There's 3 Halloween circles and some Christmas stuff. I love playing with all sorts of media.


As always, click on the thumbnail before you right click to save so you are getting the full blown image. If you guys create anything with it make sure to drop me a line.. I would love to see it! I get those edges on my sentiments by just going around the outside edge with my Copic. Cool huh?
Here's all the details:
Image: Bilmalarna (I've searched and cannot find this stamp anywhere. It was stamped for me by a good friend.. thanks Elizabeth!!)
Papers: K&Company "Halloween" by Tim Coffey (ADORABLE!!)
Ribbon: Celebrate It (Michael's brand)
Sentiment: My own Word Art
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Inks in "Broken China" and "Peeled Paint"
Misc: Crystal Effects, Nesties Circle and Scallops, EK Success 1 1/4" Circle Punch
Copics:
Skin: E00, E000, E02, R02
Cape, Shoes and Hood: C3, C5 and C7
Pants: YG13, YG11, YG03

Thanks for taking a look!
Hugs~

Challenges :
A Spoonful of Sugar - Boo (Halloween)
Stamp with Fun - Halloween
Creative Inspirations - Halloween/Fall
Ooh La La Creations  - Scarry Stuff
Kaboodle Doodles - Let's Go Batty
My Time to Craft - October 31st




17 comments:

Linda w said...

Awwwww, indeed, this is the cutest card (and I don't even celebrate Halloween lol). shame you going to be missing them, but he'll have this great card. So glad he doesn't really have fangs lol.....their little teeth are sharp enough at that age aren't they :) Hugs lin

Faye said...

Oh Wow Dana this card is gorgeous, I love the bat, it's such a cool touch. Thank you for both your wonderful comments on my blog. I do that ALL the time!! xxx

Donna Heber said...

Adorable Halloween card. Your grandson will love it!

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Super-cute Halloween card! Thanks for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

True :) said...

Glad to see you took my advice and joined the Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings challenge! :)
Your card is fantastic!
Hope you will come back and play with us often!

Hugs,
True :D

Jill said...

Really fun little image Dana! Just perfect for Kaboodledoodles this week. Thanks for playing along. Jill

Shirley said...

Great card Dana. Lovely background paper and I love your sentiment. Your Bat looks like he is about to jump right off your card.
Thank you for playing along in the Kaboodledoodles challenge this week and we hope you will join us next time.

Shirley

craftykitten said...

Fantastic card Dana, I'm not sure this little chap would actually scare anyone though!! LOL. Thanks for joining in with our Scary Stuff challenge at Ooh La La.
hugs
Dawn x

**Farrah** said...

Wow, I love the dimension on this card!! Great image and loooove the glossy accents!
Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!!
Farrah

Cammy said...

This is fabulous Dana (love your Dana do'ed it! How cute!). The dimension is great and this is perfect for the going batty theme. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

Toneloni * Tonje said...

Fabulous card. Love the colouring :)And the bat is to cute :)

Thanks for playing with us Sugar Ladies this week :)

Hugs Tonje

Andrea said...

Very great card! Great motiv and Design! Thanks for joining stamp with Fun.
Big Hug
Andrea-Emmi41

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Sweet little image - cutsie and scary at the same time! Love your bat too! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodledoodles and good luck.

Tina

mudmaven said...

I just love this little guy - too cute! 3 of my grandchildren are away this halloween too - so sad. I'm sure I'll get some pix and I'll bet you will too. Thanks for playing our "batty" challenge this week at Kaboodle Doodles! ~chris

Chrissie said...

Fabulous Halloween card, what a cutie, thanks so much for joining in our challenge this week.
Happy Halloween!
Chrissie

Vintage Milly said...

I love this card, it is adorable, thank you for joining in with us at Creative Inspirations this time,
Em.x

Linda w said...

How great you won on Kaboodle doodles with this cute card. Well done, hugs lin