Monday, October 4, 2010

Kenny K Girlz

OOhhh... I am so out of my comfort zone here.. lol!! This is not my usual style, but then again, I am not real sure what my style is. I am inspired by so many things that it changes on a daily basis.. sometimes by the hour. So.. the seed to try this one was the beautiful card I had seen by Bev Rochester who is one of the most amazing Copic artists out there.. in my humble opinion. She is one of the DT's at Kenny K's. You can see her card if you head over to the challenge (Link will be at the bottom). So I had to give it a go. I am not comfortable with blacks and reds. Both of them usually scare me.. lol. Silly, huh?  The hair is inspired by a guy I used to work with that was of Spanish origins. His hair was actually so dark black that the highlights were blueish. Just like if you've ever seen a black horse in sunlight. 
 Oh my.. you should see my first attempt!! Horrible!! But I am sort of pleased with the final results!
Here's a close up of her:
Here's all the details:
Stamp: Kenny K Girlz Digi Stamp
Papers: Prima and XpedX
Copics: (best prices I've found)
Skin: E02, E00, E000 and R02
Hair: C3, C5, C7, B99, B97 and B21
Clothes and Boots: R39, R29, R27 and R24
Black straps, Belts, etc: C3, C5 and C7
Rhinestones: ?
Big Red Rhinestone was from my sewing stash. It was a big medallion with purple stones around the outside and I just cut out the center stone.

Thanks for looking!

Kenny K's Krafty Girls (Bling it On)
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge (Layer it On)
Mojo Monday (Sketch Challenge)


Lisa Jane said...

wow Dana - its stunning , i love the hair
The bling is fantastic
Lisa ;)

Donna Heber said...


You did a fantastic job. Love your coloring and the hair is perfect!

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

WOW, your work is AMAZING! I found your blog from your win at a Crafty Little place and quickly became a follower. I went to college in St. Louis:) Thanks for sharing your amazing coloring techniques!!

crafty amy said...

Wow wow wow this does not look like you wer at all uncomfortable! and you have blinged it to the max :D You are so right about Bev and her amazing colouring but yours is stunning too.
Thank you for joining us at KKKG and good luck :D


Amy xx

Patty said...

This may not be your style but you have done a fantiastic job. Love everything about your card. Glad I found your blog!

Brenda said...

Dana, your coloring is absolutely amazing here! I just recently saw this artists work and have been wanting one myself. Gorgeous card!!!!!

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

Hope you don't mind me stopping by to tell you about Papercraft Star (just in case you don't already know!) We'd love to have you enter some of your inspired projects in our challenges there. We're also having a DT call soon and want to tell papercrafters like you about the call! There is still time to enter our PTI gift certificate drawing too!

Gemma said...

Great card Dana, the black and red colours you choose are great for this image, and the bling embelishments are really super! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week, hope you wil join the fun again next week! Happy crafting! Gemma

Nikki Byrne said...

Just Fabulous, Love it. Nikki

Adria (I now have 3 Copics!) Slauterbeck said...

she look so NAUGHTY! what do you think she did and do you think we want to know??? LOL!

You did a fabulous job coloring this and designing a vampy-fabby card! I'm drooling over these beautiful colors.... My husband would faint if I walked out of the closet dressed like that....

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a sassy little card! LOVE the bling! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!