Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Kenny K Mistletoe

This is my second post today so if you didn't see the first one you need to check it out! I posted some awesome freebies of ledger paper, a post card and other goodies, plus a link where you can spend hours like I did. Also uploaded a link to my favorite handwriting font on the freebies page.
K.. so back to the K's.. Kenny K that is!! I made this to play in their challenge this week which is a Christmas theme.
Isn't she a cutey?? Remember my post from last weeks challenge when I admitted that red and black scare me?? Guess what are my two favorite new color families in my Copics? I did finally pick up a C1 and C9. Woo Hoo!
So here's a close up so you can see all her glorious glitter:

This is a rather large card so her boots photographed really dark but they are actually the same colors as her santa suit and hat.
Here's all the details:
Stamp: "Mistletoe" digi image from KennyK
Papers: Prima, XpedX and that awesome red panel behind her?? Paint chip from Lowes ; )
Eyelets: Making Memories
Nesties: Large Deckled Rectangle. Rhinestones: Assorted stash
Crafty tip of the day:
Faux stitching: Hot off the Press Paper Piercing Template

I just got this in the mail yesterday. Here's an unsolicited  plug for Addicted to Rubber Stamps (that link will take you directly to this product) they are awesome. I make quite a few online purchases and this is one of my favorite sites. I received this box along with another package from another site which I won't name. The other package had no invoice, no thank you.. just the product. I usually get more than that when I order from an individual on ebay!! My box from Addicted to Rubber stamps? OMG!! A 12x12 piece of free designer paper, a 8x10 piece of free "Happy Halloween" paper, a sheet of free Penny Black stickers, 4 pieces of candy just as a "thank you" on top of all the marvelous products I ordered on late Friday night.. and received Tuesday!! Plus they have the most awesome wish list feature of any site I've been to. (My wish list has about 100 items!!)
Misc: Crystal Effects and DecoArt Glamour Dust
Copics:
Skin: E02, E00, E02, R02
Clothes, Boots, Mistletoe: R24, R27, R29, R39
Buckle and Belts: C3 thru C9
Greenery: YG63, YG03

Wowser!! I think that's all. I sure am in a chatty mood today.. must be all that coffee I'm drinking after spending all night web browsing : )
Hugs~
Dana

Challenges:
Kenny K's Krafty Girlz - Make it Christmas
Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge
Wild Orchid Challenge - Stitch It Up (ok to use faux stitching)

11 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

wow she is a stunner! I love the colours
Lisa ;)

jimlynn said...

Dana, this is just way too cute! Love her - my husband would probably REALLY love her!! LOL! Love all that glitter too. Very cute.
Lynn

Lycan_Art said...

I really love the kenny K image, and was wondering if there as anyway to buy the image alreagy colored, as I cant do stamping atm, and can't afford the copics. Just thought I'd ask?

brenda said...

I love it. I love that you used a paint chip!! You are really making me want these images!! Makes me want to buy and enter the challenge!!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow hun she is a little darling. Love your layout & colouring. It is annoying about the so called Nestie.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Donna Heber said...

Dana,

Isn't she just sexy? I always love your coloring. I have to agree with you about the nesties. I don't know why they didn't make them to fit correctly.

Rach said...

too sweet what a fabulous card, love this image that you have used.xx

joey said...

Dana this is fantastic your colourwork is perfect! Joey.x

Nancy said...

This card is so beautiful, Dana:O) Love the great design, and the paper piercing is so effective:) Fabulous colouring, she looks awesome!
Thank you for joining KKKG, good luck!
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Dena said...

ooooooo! What a sassy little image! Love her! You did a beautiful job!
Thanks for joining the WOC Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

Trina said...

Beautiful! I have that same template, got it at the same store, and got a stack of free stuff too! And I have a gang of paint chips from a couple of the local home improvement shops for cards!