Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mami Doodles Challenge #11

Isn't she just too sweet? I got her over at Mami Doodles and this month with every purchase Elisa (creator of the Mami Doodles) is giving a digi image ribbon set. This Happy Birthday Banner comes as an added image with the Birthday Girl. I almost hated covering up the present she is sitting on because it's a cute as a button also but I thought the position of her little hands is just begging for her to be holding this banner.
Here's a closer look:
The cupcake was cut out with my Cricut. I just cut it out on white cardstock and colored it with my Copics to match the image.
Here's a crafty tip:
The icing was created by adding DecoArt Snow Writer and then adding Glamour Dust. I love this Snow Writer stuff!! I just picked it up this week and have already used it on three different projects.
Here's the details :
Digi Image: Mami Doodles
Papers: Prima mat pack and XpedX 
Cricut cupcake: Home Decor Solutions Cartridge (I got mine on ebay.. $14.99!!)
Copics: There as so many places to get these online and your local shops. Best prices I've been able to find is Oozak. That link will take you right to the copic page.

Copics used to color her:
Skin: E00, E000, E02 and R02
Hair: C3, C5, C7, B21
Shirt, Socks and Icing: B00 (heart is R83)
Skirt: B97, B95 and B93
Cake, Cupcake wrapper and Present: RV02, RV06
Ribbons on Package: BG13

Thanks for looking!!

Mami Doodles (A Girls Birthday with a bit of sparkle)
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge (Something to do with baking.. yum Cupcakes!!)


Lynn McAuley said...

What a delightful birthday card, Dana! I love this little sweetheart with her sparkly cake and birthday banner!! Gorgeous coloring on this precious image!!

Ladybug Designs said...

Dana, your card is so creative. Excellent job! Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB

Lisa Jane said...

I love how you used the banner Dana . and the cupcake looks scrummy lol
Lisa ;)

Sherri said...

What a sweet, sweet card!

PenLight said...

What a wonderful birthday card, Dana! I love this pretty little image with her sparkly cake and great birthday banner!! Gorgeous coloring on this!!

A Cards Delight said...

Very pretty card and I love the way you put the banner across her lap! I am going to check out snow writter! TY

Mami Doodles said...

Love it Dana! Great use of the banner and your colouring is beautiful - never heard of Snow writer, must check it out. Thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

Kate said...

Great card! That cupcake looks fantastic! I've never even heard of Snow Writer - but I'll be looking out for it now! Great buy on your Home Decor cartridge too!
Thanks for playing along at FCCB this week!

Wendy Colledge said...

I'm so glad to have visited your little piece of blogland - what a great card! I'm also completely addicted to glitter so I guess I'll be shopping for some snow writer this weekend lol. I also just want to say your colouring is marvelous dear! Thanks for joining in the Mami Doodles Challenge. xx