Friday, October 1, 2010

Northwoods Autumn

Have I said yet today that I love fall?? The leaves have not started turning colors yet here in the Midwest but I am expecting it soon. We've had a lot of rain lately and I've always heard that makes for wonderful fall colors. Let's hope so. I hate years when it seems they just turn brown and drop to the ground. So this gem from Northwoods was colored in expectation of the glory to come.
I've been playing around with my Copics and trying to mimick a watercolor effect and these fall leaves were the perfect chance to do just that. I just squiggled ( I am sure that is a made up word, but I bet you know just what I mean) lines of colors in different spots on each leaf. I think I started each leaf in yellow and built from there. Believe it or not, those red leaves have a lot more orange in them than red. I won't even attempt at listing the colors I used because it was almost every shade of yellow, orange, reds (and some greens and browns)  that I own.
It's also a farewell to the leaf shaped buttons. This time I left them all strung to the same piece of twine for a little something different.  Time to go get some more I guess because we still have a lot of fall ahead of us and I just love them!
Thanks for looking!

Copic Creations (Orange)
Our Creative Corner


Donna Heber said...

Beautiful card Dana. Love you fall leaves!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a wonderful fall card! Your leaves are gorgeous and I love your string of leaves/buttons. I hope your fall will be as lovely as your card is. So happy you were able to join in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Autumn is sure on its way. This is lovely Dana. Love the leaves.


Linda w said...

Those leaves look almost 3D, fantastic colouring. I've been saving pix of leaves just so I can have something to copy....must try your squiggling technique eh. Our trees here (Midlands of England) are just beginning to yellow a little, but we've had so much rain these past weeks....hope we get a good fall colouring to make up for losing our usual 'Indian Summer'. Hugs lin.

Rica said...

What a wonderful image Dana, you've captured the colours of Autumn leaves brilliantly.
So glad you joined us at Copic Creations.
hugs Heather xx

mycardz said...

Wow, beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Copic Creations! hugz, Mary