Friday, October 22, 2010

Raise the Bar Challenge #41

The challenge this week at Raise The Bar is purple, black and orange. Of course, your mind runs right to Halloween.. right? But I've been wanting to ink this image for awhile now. And you'll never guess where I got her!! Google free coloring images.. you will be so amazed.  You will find lots of Art Noveau images and I just think she's grand. I always knew I wanted to do her veil with the sun shining through it. I don't know how successful that turned out but I like it. 
 The background is my own technique I discovered because I wanted to play with the Alcohol Ink backgrounds made famous by Tim Holtz but cost is always a factor. So I tried it with my Copics. I am sure I am not the first person to discover this but I personally have never seen a video on it so I thought I would share. You can find it here, you'll just have to scroll down. I added the silver by adding drops of Silver Pigment Reinker.
Here's all the other details:
Image: Free Coloring page
Stamp: Thinking of You messages from Hero Arts
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers: XpedX and own Alcohol Ink bg
made with V09, V06, V04 and 0. Also Silver Pigment Reinker
Copics:
Dress: V09, V06, V04
Skin: E000, E00 and R20
Sun: Yr18, YR09, YR07, YR65, Y17, Y13, Y11
Veil: BG15, BG10
Flourish: Cricut cut with Home Decor Cartridge
Misc: Stardust Stickles

5 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Its beautiful Dana - that background is fbaulous and i love the colours.
Lisa ;)

Donna Heber said...

Dana,

Beautiful image. Your alcohol background came out awesome!

Brenda said...

This is absolutely stunning Dana! The coloring is so beautiful! And I am still going to try your alcohol ink technique!!!

Tammy said...

Awesome card, love the colors and background.

Carla aka scrappypug said...

I love this card.. the colors are so pretty and the background is amazing!