Thursday, October 7, 2010

Raise the Bra.. I mean the Bar

I am thrilled to be able to say that I have been asked to fill in a vacant spot on the Design Team for Raise the Bar. Challenges are posted every Friday and this week the theme is "Raise the Bra" in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month. Get it?? You can use any Breast Cancer awareness theme or a female and pink.
 Here's my submission 

Isn't this the coolest stamp?? It is from "I Brake for Stamps" and I found her at an adorable little shop (The Inkspot of Valerie in Kirkwood, MO) my stepmom and I went to today. Here's a close up of just the image
This challenge means a lot to me on a personal level.  My mom celebrated her 31st anniversary of being diagnosed this past summer. Yes.. 31 years cancer free!! I won't go into all the details, but just let me say my heart goes out to you if you find yourself or someone you love in a similar situation. And thus.. my sentiment... Believe! Believe you will get well, Believe they will find a cure, Believe that even if the disease takes your life it cannot kill your spirit.
Ok.. so here's the rest of the details:
Stamp: I Brake for Stamps "Moon Dreams Femme"
Papers: The Paper Studio and Georgia Pacific
Ribbon: my sewing stash
Rhinestone: Prima
Believe sentiment was cut out on my cricut.
Copics used:
Skin: E02, E00, E000 and R02
Hair: (oh my.. that was soooo much fun!!) RV02, RV06, RV09
Sky, Stars and Moons: BG10, B00, B91, B93, B95 and B97
I used Star Dust stickles (how

Thanks so much for stopping by and having a look!



Lisa Jane said...

what a fabulous card for such a great cause. I wish i had hair like that
Lisa ;)

Brenda said...

Wow, what an amazing card! Love it!

Brenda said...

And congrats at the design team spot!

Janis said...

That is gorgeous! Love the pink hair. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

Carla aka scrappypug said...

Gorgeous card...just love the colors !

Wendi said...

Very pretty a lovely card gorgeous hair and your colouring is amazing
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week

Donna Heber said...


I don't know what to say! Such a beautiful image and for a fantastic cause. Congrats to your mother for 31 years! I'm so glad to hear that as I am only 2 years out.

Kerttu said...

Hi Dana!
Thank you for your kind words of at Mo's DT blog. I also wanted to say that I have been looking around here now and wow, so many beautiful cards you've made. Love your work.

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful colours and sweet image.

Deb said...

beautiful card, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

Heather said...

GORGEOUS!!! Stunning image, perfectly colored. Beautiful card for a cause. Thanks for playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges