Sunday, October 3, 2010

'round for Halloween

I just love challenges!! I start surfing around some of the current ones and usually find something that really starts a spark. The seed for this one was All that Scraps challenge (link at bottom). Their challenge this week was to use clear cards. I didn't have any of those but I do save all the clear stuff off stamps, etc. so I had a piece to play with. Another site had a challenge (can't think off the top of my head which one but I will find it.. lol) of circles. Well, there you go! I scored my transperancy and cut it out with my largest circle nestie. Then I added the scalloped nestie on the outside of the front. The image is a CC Design from All that Scraps and she is on the inside. I added that last scallop on the backside because you know how beautiful our colored copic images are on the back ; ) That scallop on the back is actually the same orange as the scallop border on the front but for the life of me could not get them to photograph (even fudging around with photo software) to look the same. Oh well, IRL (in real life) they look great!
Thanks for looking!!
Hugs!
Dana

Challenges:
All the Scraps  (Clear cards)
Stamping Scrapping Challenge (Halloween)
If the Shoe fits.. Scrap It! (Orange)
Inktegrity (Show off your Fall Colors)
Stampin' For the Weekend (Autumn Inspiration)
Anything Goes Challenge (Going round in Circles)
By The Cute and Girly (Spooky.. I don't know how spooky she is.. but this is about as spooky as I get..lol. Thanks Lisa Jane!!)
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog (Circles)

16 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

cute little card - love the design.
Lisa ;)
ps over at By the cute and girly we have a spooky challenge this month

Brenda said...

What a great idea. I have been trying to figure out how to join the clear challenge. I was also thinking using my nestie to cut through some packaging.
Was reading your "about you", and realized how much we are alike. My husband and I will have our anniversary in January, we have 3 adult kids, and as of August 27th are empty nesters! We however already have 5 grandbabies!!!

Linda w said...

I've never seen a clear card before, I really like what you've done. Great colour scheme (I'm imagining the back peice as orange of course) Great work. hugs lin

angelwhispers said...

Love the design and the image!! Thanks for joining us this week over at nything Goes your entry is just perfect! Love Chanelle xx

Purple Card Lady said...

This is a cutie. Thanks for joining us for Inktegrity's Hump Day challenge.

Gez said...

awe, what a cutie. :) Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes..xx

goatesgirl said...

this is amazing...thanks for playing at Inktegrity

Diane (djuseless) said...

Great card! I love the colors you picked! Thanks for playing along with Inktegrity's Hump Day Inspiration!

WickedPixie said...

This is absolutely adorable! I love how you recycled the clear packaging to make it, too! :-)Traci

Risa said...

Wow....What a super cute card! You did a fantastic job with the challenge. Good luck with the challenge and thanks for playing along with us at ATS!
hugs
Risa:)

Brenda said...

Congrats on the win!

Kate's Makes said...

What a clever card! Love the clear look and that adorable image! Thanks for playing along with our SFTW chalenge and good luck! Kate x

lesleyworth said...

adorable! i love that it's round and clear! adorable image to boot! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

Craftie Mummy said...

Ooooh i'm just lovin this card, love your idea and your choice of CC design stamp, it's sooo perfect for our Autunm inspired theme this week at SFTW and good luck.

Hugs x

Joanne

Stephanie said...

Adorable! Thanks for joining us at SSCC.Hope to see you again soon.

Courtney said...

This is adorable Dana! Your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for playing along with our Circles Challenge at Penny's!

~Courtney~
PPCC DT