Saturday, October 16, 2010


I am a diabetic so I can just imagine that she is converting these all to sugar free with her little wand.. lmao!!  Having been room mother to all three kids for more years than I care to remember it just had to have the obligatory Halloween cupcake!! If you look real close you can see I added black sprinkles by cutting a few scraps from my MS scallop punch. The trash part of the punch makes perfect sprinkles!!
 I just adore Maureens art!! You can find this along with so many others you won't be able to chose just one at Mo's Digital Pencil. I actually won this image in Mo's blog hop but had also just purchased two other images so it was a real toss up which one I wanted to make today. This one won out because I really wanted to play with the Alcohol Ink background in pinks. If you haven't seen my tutorial on using your Copics to create your own AI bg's you can find it up at the top under tutorials or in the sidebar. What I adore about using my Copics this way is I can take the EXACT color I used in my images to create my BG papers. How COOL is that?? Look how perfect it matches here little tutu! Oh... and here's a close up of that adorable outfit!!

For the sentiment I added a little metallic pink seed bead on the "i" .
Are your teeth hurting yet from all this sweetness?
Here's all the details:
Image: Mo's Digital Pencil "Sugar"
Sentiment: Thinking of You Message from Hero Arts
Papers: XpedX and own Alcohol Ink BG (used RV02, RV06, RV09 and 0 )
Misc: 1 1/4" Circle Punch EK Success, Martha Stewart Scallop Border punch, smallest Scallop Nestie, Glitter Gel Pens, Star Dust Stickles, metallic seed bead
Skin: E11, E02, R02
Hair: C5, C7, C9 and B02
Wings: YG06, YG03, YG11
Cupcakes: Way tooo many to list. I think I had every marker out on my table!
Thanks so much for coming by and hope you have a blessed day!

Mo's Digital Pencil 2 - Sketch
Copic Creations - Colorless Blender Tricks
Totally Gorjuss - Pink
Fab 'n' Funky - Yummy, yummy, yummy (Food)


jimlynn said...

So cute Dana.........and so many fabulous details to this. But wow - that's ALOT of sugar! LOL! Beautiful card.

Lisa Jane said...

wowee Gorgeous Dana .. just love all those sprinkles
Lisa ;)

Jennifer said...

Fantastic!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Fab'n'Funky! xx Jenny xx

Emma H said...

Wow, it must have taken ages to colour all that! Very pretty card, thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky

Brenda said...

Another amazing card. I am loving all of the little details on it. Thanks for pointing them all out, sometimes we miss all the hard work. I am amazed at the background paper you made!!! Her dress is so gorgeous!!!

Cynthia said...

This is very "sweet", Dana. Love the glittery dress.

Carla aka scrappypug said...

Oh this is soo cute! Love all the details.

paola said...

Beautifully colored, love the bling, perfect for this party girl, thanks for joining us at Mo's

Donna Heber said...


Yummy card! Beautiful glitter and love what you did with your scraps!

Elaine L. said...

Wow! You did a great job with that image! I love all the color, and the sentiment is perfect with it. Thanks for sharing it with us in Mo's Challenge.

Net said...

Aw that is so pretty!

I love it, thanks for playing Gorjuss with us.

Linda w said...

I took you up on your offer to have a closer looker and enlarged it as far as it would go lol. I adore all your little touches with the glitter and 'sprinkles'. Your bead dotted i is sooo perfect. I always like to take a good look at your colouring anyway as I just have so darn much to learn :) It's an adorable card and the recipient is going to be thrilled (if you can manage to keep drool off it lol.) Just going to take a peek at the background tutorial now, love the idea. Hugs Lin

The Wired Angel said...

Lovely card, Dana. You are so right.. that's a LOT of sugar. Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at Mo's this week. Peggy x

Dawn B. said...

This is so sweet. Probably the only sugar free thing there is.. You did a great job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Mo's this week.

mycardz said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card!! I love your background design... VERY cool. So glad you could join us at Copic Creations!! hugz, Mary