Thursday, October 7, 2010

Up For a Hike?

The challenge over at All That Scraps this week is a manly card.  I chose to color Trevor and Emma all decked out in their hiking gear ready for an afternoon of hitting the trails. I really enjoyed each facet of making this card. I've had that embossing folder since this summer and have never used it before. Yesterday when I was shopping I picked up a $1.99 Inkadinkado stamp with those fab leaves. I colored the stamp with my Marvy watercolor markers and huffed.  I really like the effect it gave.  It  made it look like they were standing at a trail head. The rest of that torn paper background piece was distressed with TH Broken China.
Of course had to use the Copics and here's a close up of the kids:
I wanted to really play up the whole hiking theme so I popped up their little boots.

Here's a list of the products used:
Stamp: "Say Cheese" set from All That Scraps.
The set also comes with Emma holding a camera, a squirrel, an acorn, a rock, a sign post!! It is an amazing set and I am just thrilled with it
Papers: Bazzill
Pine punch (sorry.. I don't know the maker. It's not marked and I've been googling.. no luck) Edit** Geesh.. it is a Martha
Embossing Folder: Quickutz "Retro Squares"
Button and twine are my stash- a - roos!!
Watercolor markers from Marvy
Leaf stamp: Inkadinkado
Copics I used:
Emma skin: E02, E00 and E000
Trevor skin: E11, E02 and E00
Emma Hair: Y21, Y31 and Y17
Trevor Hair: E33
Emma clothes and boots: R39, R29, R27, R24, B95, B93, B91 and B00
Trevor Clothes, backpack, hat and binoculars:
B24, B21, B32, YG99, YG95, YG91, C3, C5, C7, E00, E31 and E33
Emmas stick is R02, E31 and E33 (maybe a touch of E37)

Do the rest of you get as worn out as I do from posting??  I can spend all day coloring or all night but the posting just requires too much brain power. wink, wink!!

As always, I am thrilled you came by for a visit. I love when people leave comments because then I can come see your stuff too!

Hugs~
Dana

Challenges:
All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge
Charisma Cardz Challenge

9 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Fab card Dana - love those 3D boots
Lisa ;)

Brenda said...

Oh my gosh Dana, this card is absolutely amazing. So much detail to look at. I love it!!!

Risa said...

Oh wow, your card is fabulous Dana! I love your layout and your images are beyond cute, I love them!! Thanks for joining us at ATS!
hugs
Risa:)

Tracy S said...

This is sooooo cute! I love your coloring ( ty for posting which ones you used) I love how tan he is... I also love the way you used the Martha Stewart spring punch. Great Job!

Dana said...

Thanks Tracy.. I thought it was a Martha Stewart.. bug again, after seeing your comment I googled and searched even her site and I cannot find it anywhere. I've wasted toooo much time already.
Note to self*** Write on the dang things with a permy pen before you throw away the package!! LOL

Dana said...

**but again.. lol.. Not bug again. Geesh.. obviously I don't "preview"

Gemma said...

great card Dana! Thanks for joining in the fun this week over at Charisma Cardz! Gemma :)

Paula's Crafty Corner said...

what a great card, and such awesome coloring. Great Job.

Nancy Thomas said...

I really like the scene you created here. And your coloring is fantastic.