Thursday, November 4, 2010

Digi Doodle Shop Best Challenge DDSB#32

How about a walk down a nice country road? Better yet, why not just head over to Digi Doodle Shop's Best  and show us your beautiful autumn inspired creations? That's our challenge to you this week, "Fall For Me". What I love about a pretty much open challenge is what everyones interpretations and takes on what Fall/Autumn means to them. Will you show us muted soft colors or something rocking vibrant?? I can't wait to see!!
I enjoyed coloring this image from Digi Doodle Shop so much because I've been wanting to do a frame such as this. Below are a couple of close up shots so you can see what I did here.
What fun this was!! It was actually quite easy to cut out, I used my Xacto knife.  I was so excited to finally get my Fall Mix Flower Soft today!! Look how easy you can make piles of leaves with this awesome product!!
Here's the details:
Image: Digi Doodle Shop "Autumn Scene"
Papers: Bazzill
Misc: Flower Soft "Fall Mix", Martha Stewart Border Punch
Copics:
Trees: E37, E33, E31, R02, YG99, YG95, YG91
Sky: Bg10, BG000, C3
Leaves: R27, R24, YR18, YR02, Y17, Y111, Y08, Y21, YG91, YG11
Black Prisma Pencil (Went a little to heavy in spots, but.. oh well)

Thanks for coming by and I can't wait to see what you made!!

Hugs~


Challenges
Hodge Podge Shop - Fall/Thanksgiving
Scrapbook Sisters - Autumn Colors
Catch the Bug - Autumn

24 comments:

skylife said...

I just LOVE the Fall Mix Flower Soft. It really seems like a great product...since I saw your card, I'm thinking about buying some...

Julie said...

So pretty. Love the leafy frame and the flower soft is a perfect touch
Hugs,
Julie

Diane said...

Great minds think alike, Dana! The Flowere Soft woks so well with this scene - lovely card!
Diane x

Min said...

Gorgeous card - I just love how you used the flowersoft!!
Thanks so much for playing along with this week's Whirling, Twirling, Swirling Autumn Challenge at the Bugaboo Catch The Bug Blog!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow!!! Dana this is lovely. Great colouring and I love the flower soft.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Lisa Jane said...

what a fab scene Dana.. the colours are gorgeous
Lisa ;0

Sara said...

oooh, love it! The frame you created is gorgeous!

Jóna said...

Great card Dana, love how you made the frame !
Hugs, Jóna

auntbeespickles said...

I was just at Doodle Pantry and was totally blown away by how beautiful this card is! Wow! Just amazing! So much work has gone into this and it shows. Just beautiful work!!!

merniebug said...

I had a dickens of a time finding where to comment. But as it turned out, if it had teeth it would have bit me. I love this gorgeous fall scene GF. You did good, It even enticed me into becoming a follower. Actually as a fellow team mate, I've been following anyway. I've just been traveling so it's been almost impossibe to comment. Hugs, Mel

Catherine Pooler said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

Tracy said...

Awesome job making this a frame Dana! I love 3-D! I like the touch of Flower Soft too. I've never used it but it looks really cool.
Hugs!
Tracy

Shelley said...

That is a gorgeous scene! Love all the leaves. Thanks for joining us at the Hodge Podge Shop. Shelley :)

Jessica L said...

This is gorgeous! I love the way it looks as if you're looking at a picture of an old country road! Thanks for sharing with us this week at The Hodge Podge Shop. I have a candy up on my blog, and your card already qualifies you for one entry if you're interested, plus there are 3 other ways to enter!

Linda said...

What a gorgeous card, very beautiful,Thanks for playing with us at the Hodge Podge Shop!
hugs Linda

Tammy Miller said...

This is so sweet, and you colored it beautifully. Thanks for joining us this week at Catch The Bug Challenge Blog for our Challenge! We Hope to see you again for our next challenge! Thanks Again, Tammy

WeirdCat said...

It looks fantastic with the use of the flower soft, great card
Ruth x

Karen said...

Gorgeous Dana and I love the idea of the frame.
xx

Sue Upson said...

Stunning card, love all the details - amkes me want to go for a long walk to go leaf scuffing :-) Thanks for joining in with this weeks Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge Sue xx

Ms. Jen said...

This is so pretty Dana. I just love the framing you did and the flower soft on the leaves is incredible. Thanks for joining us at the Hodge Podge Shop this week. Pop over and leave a comment for my blog candy sweetie!

Judy said...

Fabulous job Dana! I so love the way you put the leaves around the bottom of the trees. Totally awesome girl!

Hugs
Judy

Julie said...

What a stunning card,love all the leaves around the frame! Glad you joined us for this week's challenge at Scrapbook Sisters. Have a great week,Julie.x

craftybunny said...

Love the raised frame and Flower Soft leaves.Two clever techniques and so effective.
Lisa x

Fae said...

Gorgeous card Dana, what a lot of hard work you must've put into it. You must be really pleased with the end result, it's lovely.

Thanks for taking part in the latest Hodge Podge Challenge and Blog Hop.

Hugs, Fae xxx