Thursday, November 11, 2010

Digi Doodle Shop Best Challenge DDSB#33

The challenge this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best is "Don't Forget our Men". Now..come on. I can almost hear you groaning.. lol. Why do we all react that way to masculine cards?? In all honesty, I do the same thing. I've had the list of challenges and this one got pushed after all the "fun" ones. But look at this!! I am so thrilled with the way it turned out and now I am wondering why I react that way. I just love the way both layers look like license plates. That evolved as I was working on it. I have those awesome square eyelets that I've never used before. Love them!! The silver in the corners of the Sentiment layer are silver 1/2 pearls. So come on.. let's rock those man cards!! I can't wait to see what you've come up with.
Here's the details:
Stamp: Digi Doodle Shop "Old Truck 2"
Cornish Heritage Farms "GM Series"
Papers: The Paper Studio (it's actually a soccer ball print.. lol),  XpedX and Georgia Pacific
Eyelets: Making Memories
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (distressed the edges of soccer paper with it and on the sentiment)
C1 thru C9, E31, BG10, BG0000




craftybunny said...

Your colouring on the car is just fantastic.The paper goes perfectly.Love the eyelets too.I'd never have thought of putting pearls on a man's card but these silver ones work really well :D
Lisa x

Lisa Jane said...

I love trucks - so this is perfect for me lol!
Love the new blog background too
Lisa ;)

Julie said...

You did a super job with the truck.

Jacee said...

Wow Dana, your colouring is fabby, the truck looks wonderful, what a lucky bloke that gets this!!

Tracy said...

This card is so cool Dana! I love the papers, the colors you've chosen, those cool eyelets, etc. etc. LOL
Thanks for leaving me such sweet encouraging comments on my blog. I really appreciate your support. I can't quite break out of my watercolor comfort zone. I have to confess, I'm scared of my Copics. I'm totally clueless, but I'm trying to learn. I think the paper I have coming will help a lot and I know I'm hindered with the blending because I only have one set (#2 will come for Christmas). Your images always look so smooth. I feel like a kindergartner with those big fat crayons. LOL Yes, I know I'm a nut. :) Hugs!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow Dana fabulous card. Love the embellishments.

Judy said...

Hi Dana,

I love, love, love this card. I'm a cowgirl...I know I know..I've told my point is, this card hits home for me, because, we cowgirls love trucks! Yee Haw!!! Great job hun.


Katja said...

Your card is so very great. I think my husband would like this. He's a truckdriver!

Greetings, Katja (DDSB-DT)

Diane said...

This is such a masculine card, Dana and your colouring of the image is wonderful!
Diane x

WeirdCat said...

You're right to be thrilled and your colouring is awesome,
Ruth x

Jóna said...

Super great card and I love you coloring, it's fantastic !!
Hugs, Jóna

merniebug said...

Oh how wonderful. This is the perfect guy card. Love it.