Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Monochromatic Christmas

When I saw this challenge at Penny Black Saturday Challenge I figured "what the heck.. I'll give it a go!" Little did I know I spent almost twice the time coloring this image as I normally do.. lol. I always have my fav "go to" colors in my Copics so suddenly when you have to use all in one family it makes each section a little more thought out. But who's complaining? Not me.. I'd rather be coloring than just about anything else! So here's the results:

I just love this image. She just seems so deep and thought and on a mission of some sort.  
I am usually a Copic purist meaning I don't like to add anything.. but I must admit, I have been playing more and more with adding colored pencils.  (yes.. still using my "RoseArt" cheapies!! gasp!) I have to tell you though, I do own a few prismas and I do not like adding the Ordorless Mineral Spirits. I feel like it spreads the pencil out to much no matter how fine of a point I have on the paper stump. I am sure it is user error and I just need more practice. But if something is that frustrating for me then it is no longer fun. So my own process is working for me. I just use the side of the pencil or a super sharp point to lay in more pronounced lines. 
Here's the close up:

And there is no way I am listing all the Copics..lol!! If it started with an "E" it was used!
The papers were downloaded from Silke Scraps (along with the photo corners and buttons)
The stamp and sentiment are both Penny Black.
I think that's all except for the challenges which I will list at the bottom. I hope you are staying warm!


Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Monochromatic Christmas
Allsorts Challenge - Monochrome
Simply Scrapping Crafts - Copic Corner Challenge - use one other medium with your Copics
One Stop Craft Challenge - Christmas Cuties
Totally Paper Crafts - Untraditional Christmas
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge - Christmas
Fairy Fun Friday - Buttons and Bows


jimlynn said...

All I can say is WOW!!!!!! You need to come to Texas and teach me how to color like that! It's gorgsous. So pretty in all the browns. Adorable card.

Jacee said...

A lovely card Dana, what super colours and gorgeous colouring.

Lisa Jane said...

aww gorgeous card Dana - loev the brown shades,
My Aunt is now out of hospital and staying with my mum - thanks for asking
Lisa ;)

Shelley said...

I adore this card, the colours and image look fabulous. Thanks for joining in with this weeks OSCC. Hugs Shelley xx
P.S Feel free to grab some blog Candy

Craftyanny said...

Fabulous card Dana, thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts, good luck
Anne x

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Dana! Love your coloring, as always!!! Good luck on the challenge :)

Holly said...

your coloring is just jaw dropping gorgeous Dana. I really love the paper you picked too and the little buttons are the perfect accent!

Ann said...

Very pretty card and I love the use of all the earth tones!

Brenda said...

Wow, your coloring is so amazing. It makes me want to break out some pencils!!! And add to my copics!! Gorgeous card Dana!!!

Suzi said...

This is so cute, love the pretty papers and the image. Thank you for joining us at One Stop Card this week. Good luck.
Suzi x

Tracy said...

The time and effort were worth the end product Dana! The coloring is amazing! Love it!!!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Wow! Stunning colouring and I just love the gingerbread shades.
Thanks for joining in our Untraditional Christmas challenge at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx

Annika said...

Ahhhh...stunning colouring down to the folds you have created on her dress amidst all the detailed patterns. Wonderful!

Pauline C said...

Stunning card Dana - wonderful colouring with your Copics and the whole coloru scheme is perfect for the gingerbread theme - love it! Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
Pauline x

Beth said...

This is so beautiful! What a perfect colour scheme for the image too, the vintage effect is great! Thanks for joining in with the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!

Love Beth xx

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card and adorable image.

kath said...

love your mono card dana...stunning colour work...thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

scotspanda said...

gorgeous card, the image is superb, the colour really suits it

thanks for joining in the monochrome fun at allsorts this week and good luck in the prize draw


Amanda xx