Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Splitcoaststampers Technique Challenge

Holly at Splitcoaststampers came up with a wonderful new Technique for the Technique Challenge this week. You can find the challenge here. I sure hope you find the time to play along. I think you will really enjoy this one!! It was so much fun. The technique Holly came up with is called "Embedded Image" and she explains it is full detail on her blog Toy's Haven.
Here's my attempt (the first of many I am sure!!)
One of the reasons I think I was drawn to  jewelry making is the discovery of how much I enjoyed soldering. Embossing has the same effect on me. I enjoy the process very much! How does something melt and come out beautiful?? LOL!~
I've had this antique french post card image on my computer for awhile now. While I've always loved it I had never thought of a cool way to use it but I think it worked well here.
Here's a close up:

Now I have quite a few images I would like to try this with also!!  I hope you give Holly's technique a try and don't forget to upload them to the TLC297 gallery at Splitcoaststampers so we can all see them! 
Not a lot of details to this card but here they are:
Image: Free image of Antique french postcard
You can download it here . Browse the other catagories also.. some GREAT stuff there!!
Papers: Digi kit (sorry.. don't know which one, printed it awhile ago)
Stamps: Stampendous Butterfly Montage and Sentiment also
Ribbon and flowers: Stash
Leaf swirl: Sizzlit "Scribbles Swirl" die

I think that's all! Thanks for stopping by : )



Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Dana - that post card is so soft and feminine...love it! Love the leaf swirl and the flowers too - just a great card!!!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous Dana, you keep sharing all these beautiful techniques. I need a week off work to catch up and try them!!! Wonderful card!!!

Mary J said...

Hello Dana - thx for popping by my blog on the LCI blog hop! I love your card, it's so elegant! I've had a browse through your blog and lovin' your style!

Jacee said...

Gorgeous card Dana, very classy, I love it!

Lisa Jane said...

its beautiful Dana .. love the vintage image and the embossing.
Congratulations on winning the Ladybug candy
Lisa ;)

Donna Heber said...


Beautiful card and the vintage look goes perfect with this technique. Thanks for sharing.

Becky said...

What a gorgeous card, perfect for the embossing theme!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cottage and good luck!!
Love Becky xx

Jóna said...

Super great card as all the other you have made since my last visit :o)
Hugs, Jóna