Monday, November 15, 2010

You are Loved!

That's the sentiment on this card. I started making this card for the challenge at Copic Creations because I wanted to "play" with the technique of paper piecing using a digi. I used a digi image from A Day for Daisies. As it evolved with the butterflies and seniment it is now a card for my daughter just to let her know how much she means to me. I don't think any of us truly realize how much our moms love us 'til we have children of our own. Then we begin to understand all the nights they walked the floors with us when we were teething, when we were sick and as we got older, nursed our broken hearts. Now that she's a mom herself I think she will finally understand what it means when a mom says "I love you".

Here's the close up shots:

I stamped the butterfly (she loves them.. always has!!)  on vellum with Staz-On and then colored it on the reverse side with my Copics.
Here's the rest of the details:
Stamp: A Day for Daisies "My Girl"
Butterfly - Hero Arts "Antique Engravings"
Sorry, I don't know the maker for my sentiment but it's part of a baby set
Dress was printed on K&Company
Ink: Staz-On black
Ribbon: Stash
Misc: Vellum, White Gel Pen
Skin: E02, E00, E000, R20
Hair: YR24, YR21, Y21, Y11
Dress: BG72, BG13
Baby's Shoes: E04

Thanks for taking the time to swing by! Now to go get this in the challenge so I can put it in the mail tomorrow! And mom.. if you ever see this.. I love you!


Copic Creations - Shading & Paper Piecing


Patti J said...

Very well said, Dana! Beautiful card - your daughter will love and cherish it. So happy you shared!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card Dana - and a most wonderful post!

Brenda said...

Absolutely beautiful and I love that butterfly!!! I never would have guessed you stamped it if you hadn't said!!

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful card - love the image and the sentiment .. and that Butterfly looks so real..
Lisa ;)

Diane said...

Such a beautiful card, Dana with immaculate paper piecing! Strangely enough, it's the technique I've used for DDSB this week - must be telepathy!
Diane x

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

This is stunning! Your shading and coloring is beautiful, and I can't take my eyes off that butterfly...amazing dimension you have on it, it looks so real. I'm sure your daughter will love this. Thanks for joining us at coppice creations!

Rica said...

Totally gorgeous card Dana, wonderful paper piecing and shading on that beautiful image. Wonderful sentiment and that butterfly is awesome.

So glad you could join us at Copic Creations.
hugs Heather xx

ruthyoung said...

Dana, I just love your job on this card. I am learning to color with Copics just now and need all the help I can get. You are an inspiration.
Hugs Ruth

Renkata said...

This such a great shading:) beautifly done.

mycardz said...

Oooooooo, GORGEOUS! Wow, I love your card and I'm sure your daughter did too! All the wonderful details really make this card a work of he{art}! Great job on this challenge. So glad you could join us at Copic Creations! Thank you. hugz, Mary

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

This is truly gorgeous! So glad you took the challenge. I trust your daughter loved the card - I know mine would. Beautiful job! Thanks for joining our Copic Creations challenge.

asela said...

Beautiful card!