Thursday, December 16, 2010

DDSB "New Beginnings"

We have a wonderful New Years Challenge for you at Digi Doodle Shop's Best, it's "New Beginnings". That could be interpreted in many ways.. a new marriage, a new baby, a new job, a new car. Life offers us all so many new beginnings and what's more precious than new life!!
I have a 15 month old grandson so this image just demanded to be inked. It also made me and my husband very nostaligic as one of our sons used to do this exact thing with my husbands cowboy boots, although I do believe he was dressed..lol.


You know that quote "There's no mistakes in cardmaking" ? Whoever said that is a big fat liar.. or maybe we should actually say there are a ton of "do overs". (I can smile about it now) I spent an inordinate amount of time laying out the fontage above the belt. I got the photo all edited, watermark added, uploaded to our DT group, started my post and it wasn't until I typed the word "Sheriff" that I realized I had misspelled it (had two r's)!! But, like I said.. I can smile about it now, well almost!
Here's a close up of that cute lil' hiney:


The papers were a "texture" package download that I found on DevianArt for free. I don't have a link but I am sure if you are looking for something similar just google wood texture free images. The font I used is called Bikerbones and you can download it for free here. For the belt buckle I glued regular Reynolds Wrap to white cardstock. I used my squeegee (spelling?) from my Cricut tool kit to smooth out all the bubbles and let it dry really good. Then I just cut the shape with one of my Cuttlebug dies.
I hope you've taken the time to swing by the rest of DT's blogs. They are wonderful bunch of ladies with amazing talents!! I am sure you will find many beautiful cards and projects to inspire you!
dds_LilCowboyDisplay Click the pic to go straight to the digi

Hugs~
Photobucket





Challenges
Cute Card Thursday - One For the Kids
Charisma Cardz Challenges - New Years Celebrations
Delightful Challenges - Happy New Years
Fab n Funky - Quick and Easy Does It (it was easy except for my goof with the spelling..lol)
Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes
By the Cute and Girly - Children

23 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol.. this had me chuckling.. what a fab image .. love the papers
Lisa ;)

Karen said...

Great card Dana, this image always makes me smile, great colouring as always./
xx

Brenda said...

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me!! This card is adorable. I love the sentiment. That belt buckle is amazing!!! Another Great card!!!

Diane said...

I think it's an absolute stroke of genius to use this image in this challenge, Dana! It's absolutely great and I would never have thought of it! It's also a lovely card - fantastic work!
Diane x

Julie said...

hehehehe I just love your card and sentiment
Merry Christmas
Julie

jimlynn said...

All I can say Dana is just WOW!!! What a wonderful card with that adorable image.
Lynn

WeirdCat said...

I love this image, have similar memories of my son at a similar age wearing huge boots my ex husband had for a trip to Greenland!
Ruth x

Jóna said...

I love how you solve this challenge, in every way !!!
Hugs, Jóna

Tracy said...

I think it must be a right of passage in childhood to tromp around at least once in a grown up's pair of boots. LOL This is really adorable Dana! :)

Craftdee said...

This is a great card with perfect execution, thanks for sharing, also thanks for all the links and pointers! Dee

KraftyKoolKat said...

Cute image, well coloured. Love the layout and papers.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card love the cheeky image.
luv
Debby

heidy said...

Oh I love it!!!
Thanks for joining fab'n'funky
Heidy

ona_i_ja said...

Dana, your card is adorable!
Thanks for joining us at CCC this time and good luck!
Hugs
Agnieszka

craftybunny said...

Such a clever way to use this cheeky image.Your colouring is outstanding,as always.Just love the whole concept of this card.
Lisa x

Jodi said...

I just love crusing your blog, you do such great work. I wish I could color images like you do. Love everything.

Sue Griffiths said...

Hi Dana, I laughed so much at this little image, reminds me of my son when he was little. also I made a halloween card, and being from the UK and not really celebrating halloween, I mis-spelt it as Haloween.. put it on my site an everything, I felt such a fool!! lol but ppl thought it was cute, so I left it!! lol just like your card, we are unique.... Hugs. Sue G

Vanja said...

Fabulous card! The image is adorable.
Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)
Hugs, Vanja

Lisa Foster said...

Hehe...Oh what an adorable image! I Love your card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Lisa

gerslittlesnippets said...

Gorgeous cute card. Thank you for sharing it and entering the BTC&G "Children" Challenge.
Geraldine

E.T said...

hehehehehe CUUUUTEEE!!!

Dorcas said...

OMGoodness!! THis is a RIOT!!!

princessa said...

Cool man)))
XeXeXe)))