Thursday, December 2, 2010

Digi Doodle Shop Best Challenge DDSB#36

The challenge this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best is to show us your snow. Anything related to snow will do.. snowmen, snow shovels or how about snowflakes? My favorite is this adorable scene which in my mind are brother and sister heading out to find the "Perfect Tree" which is the actual name of this digi. Head over to Digi Doodle Shop and pick this digi or one of their other 300+ images.  You don't have to use a Digi Doodle image to participate in the challenge but with images like this.. why not??
Now back to this vingette. Can't you just hear the ice/snow crunching under their boots and almost see their breath in the cold morning air? Here's a few "artsy" shots so you can see the dimensions of the snow and the fleece on their hats and coats.
I've mentioned in previous posts how much I LOVE this Snow Writer stuff.

This time I added DecoArt Glamour Dust to give it that extra sparkle.
I also added Polar White Flower Soft to their hats and coats. The tree has Flower Soft in Christmas mix.
Here's the rest of the details:
Image: Digi Doodle Shop "The Perfect Tree"
Sentiment Stamp: Studio 18
Papers: K&Company photo mat pack, Bazzill
Snowflake: Cricut cut
Brads: Recollection
Punch: Martha Stewart
Misc: DecoArt Snow Writer, DecoArt Glamour Dust, Stickle, Flower Soft, Martha Stewart Silver Glitter
Skin: E00, E000, E02
Boys Clothes, Ax Handle and Tree Trunk: E31, E33, E37, R02
Pants: B93, B95, B97
Boots and Ax head: C3, C5, C7
Gloves: YG99, YG95
Girls Hair: Y21, E33, Y17
Girls Clothes: R24, R27, R29, R39
Ice: B00, BV20,C3 and 0

Thanks for coming by and I sure hope you come and join the challenge this week!
Ooh La La - White Christmas
There's Magic in the Air - Anything Goes
A Crafty Little Place - Anything Goes
Die Cut Dreams - Use a die cut
The ABC Challenge - "I" for Ice


Diane said...

Dana, this is lovely but then I'm bound to think so because our cards not only have the same image but are amazingly similar! Is it telepathy?!!(grin!)
Diane x

Sara said...

Beautiful! Your coloring rocks!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gorgeous Dana. There is four of us this time used the same image but every one of them is different. Yours is super.


Julie said...

Your coloring on this card is perfect! Such a beautiful card

Brenda said...

Dana, another amazing card!!! I love this scene. It is such a darling memory. Makes me think of our farm in Northern Alberta when I was little and we would traipse out in the snow for the perfect tree. It could be my older sis and brother in that scene!!! Your coloring is gorgeous as usual, I love the flowersoft and the snow!!!

jimlynn said...

Dana, this is just sensational! Looks REAL! Love it.

Gina L said...

I must have some of that snow writer stuff! It's awesome on your card. I love how you used the flowersoft, as well. It also reminds me of a brother and sister...he looks like he's dragging her along while she trots to keep up...just like a brother would do to a sis! LOL.

Danni said...

This is just gorgeous!! Wowzers!! You are so talented!

WeirdCat said...

Gorgeous card, the colours are so tactile,
Ruth x

Karen said...

Gorgeous as always Dana, and it's nice to see you joining us at DCD Christmas Club too, thank you.

Karen said...

This is lovely Dana, love your colouring too.


Wendi said...

Your card is gorgeous I love the sparkle edge
and that image is lovely
Thank you so much for joining us at ooh la la this week

Tracy said...

Oh this is wonderful Dana! I've got to practice some more with backgrounds. I did a little with the clouds but wasn't sure what else to do . Yours looks fantastic--as always. :) Never worked with flowersoft but it sure does add to a project. Great job!

Jóna said...

This is so beautiful Dana, I love everything about it. The flower soft on the tree looks great.
I have put this card up in the Fan Club.
Hugs, Jóna

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Beautiful!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at A Crafty Little Place this week!!

CraftinGranny said...

You have made me want to color up this image that has been patiently waiting for me to do something with it. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration! Stunning project! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Cupcakes this week. Hope to see you back next week. "Hugs" Carol

craftykitten said...

Gorgeous card Dana, love your colouring and your snow looks so real!! Thanks for joining in our Christmas Song challenge at Ooh La La this time.
Dawn x

craftybunny said...

Your colouring is amazing!Beautiful card all round.Huge fan of the Polar White Flower Soft too.
Lisa x