Thursday, December 9, 2010

Digi Doodle Shop Best Challenge DDSB#37

Our theme this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge is "Animals".  I've been wanting to ink this Swan image for a bit now for a couple of reasons, mainly to color the water.

I created the background by inking my BG stamp with three different colors of ink. The center panel was cut out with a circle nestie and a smaller version cut out of the Bazzill textured cardstock. Those layers were pop dotted over the swans.
Here's a close up of the Swans:

And here's the side shot to get a little better look at the layers:


I saved the circles from the front panels for the inside of the card. I thought the serenity of this scene lends itself well to a sympathy card. Thank God I have no use for one at the moment but it will be nice to have one on hand.
Here's all the details:
Stamps: Swan - Digi Doodle Shop
Misty Swirl Pattern - Hero Arts
Grass (used for creating the bank of the lake) - Cornish Heritage Farms
Inks: Adirondack "Bottle", Stampabilites Pigment ink in both "Baby Blue" and "Royal Blue". Inside sentiment (maker unknown) was stamped with white pigment ink and embossed with White embossing powder
Misc: Spellbinder Nestabilities Circle, Nailheads
Copics:
Swans: C1, B00, YR02, YR04
Water: BG72, BV11, BG10
Cattails: R02, E13, E15, YG67, YG03, YG11
Sky: BG10, 0

Wow!! If you hung with me to the very end I sure hope you'll head over to Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge and show us your animals!!

Hugs~
Photobucket


14 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

absolutely beautiful Dana .. the image is beautifully coloured.
Unfortunately i do have a sympathy card to make today and just cant get motivated.
Lisa ;)

Donna Heber said...

Spectacular card Dana! Just love the serene scene of the swans.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Dana this is so gorgeous. Your colouring is so proffesional. I am lost for words. You are a true artist.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Diane said...

This is wonderful, Dana - those swans look so lifelike!
Diane x

Brenda said...

Wow Dana, so many layers and details to look at. I love it!! Just gorgeous!

Tracy said...

The design on this card is so cool! I love what you did. I didn't understand at first, but I got it with the second photo. Sorry, I'm a little slow today. :) Your swans are just beautiful. The coloring is just perfect. Awesome card girl!

Karen said...

Gorgeous Dana, great colours and your colouring is perfect as always, I love this image too.
xx

Jacee said...

Oh wow Dana, this is gorgeous, I love it!!

Linda w said...

A really beautiful image, I can see it as a sympathy card too... unfortunately, something I always need a supply of. My daughter would love to colour this image when she's well again. She loves doing water colours with water in them. The background you have made is really effective. A wonderful card in all. Hugs lin

Starla B. said...

Dana, this card is GORGEOUS! Your coloring is phenomenal! At first look I thought it was a color image printed from a computer. Awesome job!

jimlynn said...

WOW! GORGEOUS!!!!!
Lynn

Judy said...

Hi Dana,

Gosh this is just so very pretty. It looks soft and makes a wonderful sympathy card as you have made.

Hugs

Sara said...

WOW Dana, that is truly beautiful! Your coloring rocks!

Jóna said...

I am totally in love with this card Dana, it's so beautiful in every way.
Hugs,Jóna