Thursday, December 23, 2010

Digi Doodle Shop Best Challenge DDSB#39


We have an "Anything Goes" challenge for you this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best. I truly enjoy visiting blogs and commenting on entries. I am so inspired by everyone!! Sometimes it could be a punch you use that I don't own, or a color scheme, stamp, and the list goes on and on!!
You've seen this image before from some of the other DT members but I just love it and had to put my own spin on it : )


Fitting image for this week wouldn't you say? And it is truly from the heart. I do wish all of you a very Merry Christmas!!
You can find that gorgeous image here.
Here's a close up:
I added Glossy Accents to the windows to give them the feel of real leaded glass panels. The stitching was done with embroidery floss and then I glued on some red glass seed beads.
Here's a close up of the sentiment which is part of free word art set available here from Digi Doodle Shop.

The greenery was punched with my Martha Stewart punch.
Copics:
Greenery: G28, YG03
Berries and Bows: R29, R27, R24
Windows: B00, BG10
Shading on white: BG10, C1

I also added SnowWriter and DecoArt GlamourDust to the steps and railings. The only other detail left is the paper which is from Webster's pages.

Again, Merry Christmas and I do hope you will come by for the Challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best and swing by Digi Doodle Shop to see all the great images Judy and her mom have. They are all still on sale for 50% off for the remainder of the month!! That means most stamps are like $1.50!! Best thing about digi's.. you get them NOW!!
Also, we will be taking a break next week so our current challenge will last for two weeks. What are you going to make with all those new thing- a - ma- bobs you got for Christmas?  We will see you back for our first challenge in 2011 Jan. 6th : )

Hugs~

Photobucket

14 comments:

skylife said...

I really really love that card...ever since I saw it uploaded :-) The papers are amazing and the door with that shading is as the real thing! The white-cream-red colors made it really "holiday".

Happy holidays to you too!

Zlatina
xxx

Tammy said...

Excellent! Love the way you hung little wreaths beside the door.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Lisa Jane said...

Merry Christmas to you too Dana .. love the card
Lisa ;)

Rose Petal said...

Hello Dana. Another beautiful card, and of course it is such a wonderful image. Happy Christmas to you.
With love, Sandra xxx

craftybunny said...

Beautiful card.Love all the little details you've added and ,of course,your fabulous shading.
Merry Christmas.
Lisa x

KraftyKoolKat said...

A truely beautiful card. I love all the added embellishments to the image.

Merry Christmas.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Julie said...

Gorgeous! Love the way the glossy accents looks on the windows
Merry Christmas
Julie

Diane said...

Considering the elements we've both used, our cards look really different, Dana! Yours is beautiful and I love the gloss on the glass panels!
Diane x

Holly said...

Merry Christmas to you too Dana! I love your card! the glossy accents on the window panes is fantastic!

Brenda said...

Absolutely beautiful card. Breathtaking really. And I received my gorgeous card yesterday. Absolutely gorgeous, ans so me!!! Thank you so much!!!

Brenda said...

I am so upset at myself. I just finished a card with an image from digi doodle that would fit this challenge and I must have popped it in my envelope and sent it out with no pictures!! Dang it!!!!

Donna Heber said...

Simply gorgeous Dana. Your cards are fantastic!

Tracy said...

I love your take on this image Dana! The shiny windows look so cool and those papers are gorgeous. Beautiful! Hugs!

Jóna said...

This is gorgeous card, I love all about it !!!!
Hugs, Jóna