Sunday, December 5, 2010

Kraft Christmas

I saw this technique for the first time when Dorcas entered her card in Mo's DT call.  The technique of coloring on Kraft CS really intrigued me. Then I saw Annika do a couple. I just thought both of these (plus the other's they've both done in the same style) were so cool that when I saw the theme at Penny Black Saturday challenge it was the perfect time to give it a try! The challenge is  
Here's a close up:
 It was kind of nice to use colored pencils solely for a change.  I always forget that I have a set of Staedtler colored pencils because they're put away in a drawer, but I did pull them out for this project.
Here's a close up of the sentiment:

That's a freebie available here
The papers are Bazzill and K&Company and the border was created with a Martha Stewart Punch.
Maybe someone should've taken away my white gel pen but I had a ball with all the doodling!! One of these days I still want to try a Zentangle card.
Hope you are staying warm and cozy!! My hubby just built a fire so I think I am going to go chill (or warm rather) by the fireplace for a bit!!

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Stamp on Anything but White Card
Penny Black at AllSorts - Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder (Open challenge)
Stamp Something - Christmas
Top Tip Tuesday - Anything Goes


Lisa Jane said...

beautiful card dana .. i love the white doodling and the effect of the Kraft card ..i love that circular sentiment too.. going to check those oout lol
Lisa ;)

jimlynn said...

This is lovely!!! Your coloring is great on the kraft! So pretty.

Brenda said...

Dana, this is absolutely gorgeous. Love that punch you used. Gorgeous coloring with pencils!

brenda said...

Hi there

A great project, super use of the Martha Stewart punch ad that oh so cute slapstick stamp.

Thanks for joining in at Penny Black at Allsorts this month and good luck.

kath said...

beautiful card your colouring.......thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xx

Jules said...

Hi Dana

Gorgeous work. I really love how you have used that Penny Black image .. .. looks like a great technique. Will have to check that one out!!

The white gel pen doodling looks great too.

Thank you for sharing with Penny Black at Allsorts this month.

Love Jules xx

scrapperjulia said...

This is so gorgeous! I love your coloring on kraft, will have to try it some time, you made it look fabulous!

Donna Heber said...


Beautiful card and splendid coloring!

Shirley said...

Dana this is such a beautiful card. I so adore the image you have used and one that I have not been able to get hold of yet... You have coloured it beautifully with your coloured pencils and the shading is perfect.
Thank you so much for playing along in our challenge this month at Penny Black at Allsorts and we hope you will join us next month.


Tracy said...

This is gorgeous Dana! I'd seen Annika's and thought that really looked cool. I love the look it gives your card. Thanks for the tip on the sentiment too. I needed that for something I'm working on. You're just as awesome with the pencils as you are with the Copics. You go girl!

Ellie said...

Such a sweet card Dana. Love how you used the border punch all around the image.

Thank you so much for playing along at penny black at all sorts!

Linda w said...

What a beautiful card, full of sumptuous details. Love the faux stitching, and great job with the colouring on Kraft card...I haven't been able to get hold of any. Beautiful colours too. hugs lin

Mervi said...

Beautiful card, great colouring,
lovely details.

Thanks for sharing this with us
at Penny Black @ Allsorts Challenge
this month and good luck;-))m

joey said...

Hi Dana

I absolutely love this style too, I saw Dorcas did an amazing job!!! will have to check the one by Annika :O)
You have done a fantastic job! I love the stamp, thanks for sharing withus at pbsc

Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous card Dana, love your stunning colouring, it's brilliant!

Thanks for joining us at Penny Black @ Allsorts, hope to see you soon again.


debby4000 said...

Wonderful, fabulous card.

Kirsten...x said...

Hi Dana

Fabulous card love the colours and that sentiment is lush...x

Thanks for joining us at Penny Black at Allsorts hugs kirsten...x