Thursday, December 16, 2010

Paper Doll Mini Album

This is what I've been up to for the last week.  It was a really fun project. As the title says, it's a Paper Doll Mini Album.  I didn't take a lot of still shots but I did make a video. Geesh...  getting it filmed and uploaded has been a pain!! I am still really new at shooting videos.  Thanks to Tracy (thanks Lady!!) I switched to my digital camera to finish the filming. The quality is much better but the sound is better on my web cam.
You'll see what I mean.. lol.
Here is the ornate bookplate template:

And here's the video:

The Paper Dolls and antiques are available at
Digi Doodle Shop.
One other tip for those magnetic vent covers. I mount these right on the wall in front of my work station to store my Spellbinders. It is by far my very favorite craftroom tip I've ever heard!!



Lisa Jane said...

Wow Dana - just watched the video - its fabulous!! You are a film star now lol
Love the project... must have taken so long - but so worth it!
Lisa ;)

Linda w said...

I love this project, and so enjoyed watching the video. I loved paper dolls when I was a kid but what it most reminded me of was an aunt (in law really) who had one of her baby dolls still..with lots of clothes. Some days she would bring her over for me to play with and it used to make me feel so special. I know any little girl would feel special being allowed to play with your paper doll set....I want to come and play at your house lol. Hugs Lin

Brenda said...

Oh My Gosh, Dana, you are my paper crafting hero!!! LOL, that is one of the best projects I have ever seen. My granddaughters would love it. I hope I can find the time to make this project. Seriously, I can't say enough how much I love it. I loved my paper dolls when I was a little girl. Love your video, excellent tutorial!!! Thanks so much, Bren

Tracy said...

Oh my gosh! Has Judy seen this? It's fantastic!!! What a great idea. The video came out fine. Practice makes perfect. :-) I had some of those vinyl sets when I was a kid. I can't remember what they were called either, but I loved them. This really is wonderful Dana! Hugs!

Viv said...

Dana this is absolutely gorgeous!
Thanks for the lovely comments on my card for the blog hop and sorry, the puzzle piece wasn't showing . Its all fixed now if you want to collect it!
Thanks for visiting. Viv

Mary J said...

Wow, what an elegant card, Dana! I just love your style!!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a gorgeous project!! Awesome work, Dana!

Jóna said...

WOW Dana, this is a masterpiece !!!! Love it to pieces !!!! Brilliant idea !!!
Hugs, Jóna

Diane said...

Wow, Dana! This whole project and the video are amazing! You've really thought the whole thing through so well and put so much work into it. I like the way you sound so informal and relaxed on your video, it's like we're just having a chat! Really well done!
Diane x