Friday, December 3, 2010

Raise The Bar DT Card

This week our challenge at Raise The Bar is "Trim the Tree". All you have to do is show us a tree on your project. Here's what I came up with:

Here's a close up of that mischevious cat!

Isn't he the cutest?? He's from Mo's Digital Pencil. I just love the whimsical looks she puts on the animals she draws. You can almost read his thought "Busted!" But then again, a cat would never admit to this and would have you think he had planned the whole fiasco.

I popped up the star and one of the trees from the paper. Here's a close up of the tree:

I added Glossy Accents to the ornaments. Even though the tree looked the same when I cut it out, I realized when I tried to align them that they are slightly off. Oh well.. it still works. Just wanted you to know I can cut a little better than that..lol!

Copics:
Cat: C1, C3, C5
Tree: G28, G05, E31, E33
Tree skirt: R39, R37, R35
Star: Y17, Y08, Y11
Ornaments: Y28, R24, R29, RV02, RV00, B04, B02, V04, V01

The sentiment is from Inkadinkado.
Papers are Bazzill and the Christmas tree is from a digi kit but I am not sure from where. The only other elements are stitching with embroidery floss and white gel pen.

I hope you'll come join in the challenge. I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Hugs~
Photobucket





Challenges:
Ladybug Crafts Ink - Caz's Color Wheel Challenge. This was a lot of fun!! You pick your favorite color (mine is red!!!) and then choose the exact opposite on the color wheel shown on the blog!!

12 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol.. what a fun image ..reminds me of my cat coco
Lisa ;)

Rose Petal said...

Hello Dana. How beautiful and such a cheeky cat too. Love the image and all the fabulous bright colours. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xx

Lisa Jane said...

oops forgot to say thanks for joining us at LCI this week
Good luck
Lisa ;)

Brenda said...

Super cute card. I love the image, the pop dotted tree is a perfect touch! So many cute details. Love it.

Whimsey said...

HA - love the image; so cute! LOVE the 3D Christmas tree!! Adorable!

Thanks for joining LCI's challenge this week!!

Jacee said...

Oh thats such a fun image Dana, fabulous card.

pinky said...

Lovely card, what a cute little image. Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.
pinky

Danni said...

So cute and fun!! Love the added dimension!

Rusty said...

Awww what a gorgeous card, love the image and that christmas tree is just fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at Ladybug Crafts Ink. Good luck! Tams x

Jóna said...

Love this card Dana. I have colored two of thous images but not made cards yet.
Hugs, Jóna

Donna Heber said...

So adorable Dana. I just love that kitty hanging from the tree!

Mary J said...

Hello Dana! Hope you are having a lovely weekend!

Great take on the challenge! Your colouring is brilliant!

Thx for joining us at LCI - would love to see more of your creations at our next one challenge!

Mary J xxx