Thursday, January 6, 2011

Digi Doodle Shop Penguins

Hope everyone is having a Happy New Year so far! As I type this I have on an extra pair of socks, all wrapped up in my favorite quilt with the dog snuggled up next to me, sipping a fresh hot cup of coffee!  I am doing what I can to stay warm. While I'm freezing my tushy off look at these cute guys having a ball in that wicked white stuff!

This is my card for our Challenge to you this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best which is "Buttons". Which to me is an almost "anything goes" challenge because how easy is it to add a button to almost any card? I did find out how simple it is to nip off those shanks on the backside. I used one of my jewelry making cutters but I've seen Tim Holtz do it with his Tonic scissors!!
Here's a close up:

As a Copic enthusiast I just love the variety of realistic images that Digi Doodle Shop offers!!
I created the "Just Chillin" on my computer and by accident found out they were the perfect size to cut out with my EK success punch. I love happy accidents ; )
Ok, enough of the chatter and it's time to get another cup of coffee (the dog is not going to be happy that I am disturbing his sleep )!
To join our challenges you don’t have to use a Digi Doodle Shop image, but if you do use one, your entry will count twice. You are also allowed to enter our challenge as many times as you like, as long as you enter with a new card/craft.


Cute Card Thursday - Out with the Old (my ribbon and button)
Delightful Challenges - Buttons
Paper Crafting Journey - Use a Digi
Southern Girls Challenge - Anything Goes


Lisa Jane said...

oh i love this image Dana - penguins are just so cute . You have coloured it wonderfully and i love the papers
Hope you are warming up
Lisa ;)

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gorgeous card and colouring. Love the layout.


Tracy said...

Love the little splash of yellow on these little guys. makes them look so real. I like the way you designed the bottom of the card too. Great card Dana!

monica said...

bella card

WeirdCat said...

Love the composition, great colouring,
Ruth x

Bernadet said...

Your cards are gorgeous Dana!!
Glad to found you with FP!!

I become a follower

Dorcas said...

Hi Dana! This is brilliant! I love seeing stamps that Ive never or seldom seen before. You've got their coloring just perfect!

Julie said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the way you colored the penquins

jimlynn said...

Fantastic coloring on those little guys! Wonderful card!!!!

Brenda said...

Dana, this card is perfect!! I love the image. You colored it perfectly. The whites I find are so hard to showcase sometimes. You did it perfect! I love the scallops at the bottom, great design!!!

PCJ said...

Your card is fantastic, Dana. Your colour work is fabulous. Nice to see the penguins enjoying the weather, even if you're not :)

Thank you for being our very first entrant at PCJ. Check back on 19 Jan for a surprise!

Lisa x

Jacee said...

These penguins are so much fun Dana, you've made a lovely card with them.

Karen Hasheck said...

I am a new follower and friend via Feline Playful. Great blog! I’m visiting and commenting a little early because I have the time today. My number is 69, so I am looking forward to the 9th and all the comments and new followers on my blog too. If you want to visit sooner, the address is: Happy stamping!

Julie said...

Brilliant! Thankyou for joining the Anything Goes Challenge at Southern Girls,Have a good week,Julie.x

Karen said...

Gorgeous Dana and not just a Christmas card.

Lila Castro said...

Your cards are gorgeous Dana!


Colleen Holmes said...

I love this card!! The Penguin Digi's are too cute! Dana you coloring and designing is over the top!! Hugz to ya!

Sara said...

Love those penguins! And it's super cold here too, I've been freezing-lol!

Diane said...

I do love penguins and you've really done them justice here, Dana!
I've left a little something for you on my blog - I hope you like it!
Diane x

Michelle Singer said...

I love the image and coloring. I am so glad you decided to enter it in our Anything Goes Challenge at Southern Girls. I hope you can join us again for the next challenge.
Hugz XXX

Sarabeth said...

Great card! I love your coloring!
Thanks for joining us at PCJ!

Senior DT

Autumn said...

So cute, love the design! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls!

Scrap It Girl said...

Great cards! I just came over form feline playful and now i am a new follwer too

Alicia said...

This is adorable! I love the image. Thanks for sharing your talent in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Southern Girls. Good Luck!
Alicia xx

craftybunny said...

Love the bold papers and how you coloured the peguins - reminds me of 'Happy Feet'!Great wording too.
Lisa x

Donna said...

What a great card, Dana! Love the playful penguins. Thanks for joining our button challenge at Delightful Challenges.

Jóna said...

This is such a lovely card Dana, I love it !
Hugs, Jóna