Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Blue / Purple Iris

You are going to be seeing this Iris later in the month for one of my DT cards for Digi Doodle Shop's Best. The digi is available at Digi Doodle Shop. It's not often I get to play in a challenge "just for fun" anymore. I had seen the challenge at Make It Colorful earlier in the week and it just wouldn't go away.. lol! The challenge is "Blend Blue and Purple Together". It really got it hooks in me.. and just kept yanking!!! Finally this evening I got a chance to color just for me! Here's what I came up with:

I knew I wanted to do this Iris just because you do see this color variation in nature. I couldn't decide between the iris and hydrangea but I have a hydrangea card posting tomorrow!
Here's a few close ups:

Iris: B32, V15 and V17, Y04, Y08
Greenery: YG11, YG13, YG03, YG67
Background: BG10, BG000, BG0000, B00

I played with this challenge with Prisma's also but have to wait until that DT card posts tomorrow ; )
I think that's it except to go get into the challenge!!

Make It Colorful - Blend Blue and Purple Together
Fresh Brewed Blog - Oh so Charming (use a charm)
Gingersnap Creations - Use a Charm
Copic Creations - We're Cool (use the cool colors on the color wheel)


Holly said...

Dana, spectacular coloring on this! Iris is my favorite flower!

Tracy said...

Good grief this is gorgeous! You nailed this challenge Dana. I want to play to but don't know if I can squeeze it in. Maybe I'll try the hydrangea. LOL There's NO WAY I'm doing an iris after this. :-) You are too awesome. I owe you an e-mail and I'll get to it ASAP. Hugs!

Diane said...

WOW, Dana! This is amazing - absolutely spectacular colouring and a really fabulous card!
Diane x

Brenda said...

Dana, isn't it fun once in a while to just create for fun!! LOL. I LOVE to color. Your coloring on this image is spectacular. I mean just simply Spectacular!!! I love the quote for this, you know I love the charm, i also love the fiber on here!!! Hugs, Bren

Donna Heber said...

Simply stunning Dana! Love those Iris flowers and your amazing coloring.

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful colouring Dana .. gorgeous Iris
Lisa ;)

Stacy said...

This is lovely!!! I can not wait for spring!! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Brewed Challenges!

Floweret said...

Like this a lot, a true beauty and I and happy to see you playing with us at Fresh brewed designs challenge blog this week!

Crafteezee said...

This challenge was made for you Dana. totally awesome colouring! Thanks for joining our blending blue/purple challenge at Make It Colourful. Hugs Tracy x
P.S. There's candy on my blog until 16th if you want to hop over.

Sandy Hulsart said...

Dana, your coloring on this iris is so realistic, and the blending of the blue and purple is amazing. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Make It Colourful!

The Stamper's Touch said...

Wow, I love, love, love your card!!! Your coloring is our of this world gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us and sharing at Freshly Brewed Challenges.


Cheryl said...

We had a lot of blue iris in our yard growing up and yours are colored perfectly realistic! Love them and thanks for joining in the Copic Creations Challenge!

SmilynStef said...

What absolutely stunning coloring ... it just brings those flowers to life ... thanks for getting "charm"ed with us at Gingersnap Creations.