Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Couple of Video's

First off I've got to tell you I got the best Valentines Day present!!  My husband got me the Copic ABS and an Air Compressor! We are both really bad about waiting for the "day" of anything to exchange gifts. We've been like that since we were dating and not much has changed. So I got my present Friday night and had the chance to play with it over the weekend.  I haven't had a chance to really perfect any techniques yet but I did discover one of my old products works great for masking and I wanted to share that with you. If I can find a way out of cutting out an image, whether it be the masking film or cardstock, believe me, I WILL find a way!! lol!

 Here's a look at the finished card. It was a DT card for One Crazy Stamper and posted yesterday. The name of the stamp is Lucy and Kitty by Sarah Kay from Stampavie.

Click here to watch the video:

Thanks for looking and the flower tut should be up some time soon!



Diane said...

Great videos, Dana and what a lovely present you received for Valentine's!
Diane x

Linda w said...

Fantastic tute, and i for one was pleased you showed putting it through the big shot because I really wanted to see how to cut it out like that. Great idea using the masking fluid, I know we have some of that in the house. Hugs lin

Pryn said...

I always enjoy your videos Dana! You are a natural at teaching! Congrats on your new ABS system...the hubby did excellent ;) Can't wait to see more videos in the future!

Love and hugs to you!!!

Brenda said...

Dana, these tutorials are awesome!! I never knew they had this masking stuff!! I really enjoy them, they are so fun to watch and make me laugh with you!!! the card ended up gorgeous!! I will Not be getting the airbrush system!! (not today anyway) I need to talk myself out of these fun tools you are using!! Hugs my friend! Bren

Holly said...

Dana great tutorial! I use old calendar pads too on my work desk. I even go to the office supply stores in the middle of the year and buy their new calendars for pennies! I have that frisket too, but I've never tried using it over something I colored with Copics. I'm glad to know it doesn't mess the Copic coloring up!

Embosserissima said...

Thanks for the video. The card is so nice. I would like to know which punch did you use for the border of the stamp. Thanks for sharing.

Dana said...

@ Embosserissima It is the Square Lacey Nestabilities from Spellbinders.