Thursday, February 17, 2011

DDSB Challenge "Anything Goes"

This is my second post today so don't miss my "Tex" card below!! He's a cutey!
Our theme this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenge is "Anything Goes". I know this is the second time in a relatively short time I've colored this fantastic image.. I just love it!! Not only is it a joy to color but it also reminds me of my Father In Law. He had the most amazing iris gardens and whenever he divided them he shared them with me. He's no longer with us but every spring when the Iris start coming up I have to smile.

Here's a close up:

*** Edit***
I've gotten a few emails asking if this background was done with my new airbrush. It wasn't. I am usually weeks ahead on my DT cards so this was created using the technique I show in this video

Here's the rest of the details:
Stamp: Iris - Digi Doodle Shop
Sentiment: - Thinking of You Messages - Hero Arts
Paper: K&Company, Bazzill, Neenah
Ink: Stampabilites Baby Blue
Lace and Rhinestone:  Stash
Misc: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Sixteen
BV08, BV11, BV13
Y08, Y11
YG63, YG03, Y04

I sure hope you'll join us this week. I can't wait to see what's inspiring you! 


Dorcas said...

WOW Dana!!!!!!!!!!! Your coloring is amazing!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gorgeous Dana and beautiful colouring as usual.

Judy said...

Hi Dana,

Fantastic card this week. The coloring is totally awesome!


Patti J said...

Beautiful coloring, Dana! I would love to have some Iris' - maybe someday! Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card - I love that Nestie too! Have been seeing a lot of it in blogland lately! Take care...

Brenda said...

Dana, your coloring and shading of these irises is amazing! I love that nestie, one I don't have, dang it! Always a "Want" out there!! Looks like you are using that airbrush! Love it.
Hugs, Bren

Julie said...

Dana, Dana, Dana your card is fabulous. Perfect coloring on the flowers.

Lisa Jane said...

what a beautiful Iris . i have a few in my front garden - and some white ones .. they always look so elegant
Lisa x

Karen said...

Lovely Dana, your colouring make these flowers look so real too.


Danni said...

Very pretty!!

Sara said...

Hi Dana,
WOW!!! This is absolutely stunning! Your coloring rocks!

Card Crazy said...

Dana, your Iris are beautiful. Your coloring is so vibrant and true that they almost look real. Gorgeous card.
Sue S.

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

This is so pretty Dana! Your coloring is so good! Is the sky done with your new aribrush thingy? I like the technique! Digi Doodle Shops flowers are so nice!

Tracy said...

Wowza! I love iris's and you've just done these beautifully! Truly lovely Dana!

WeirdCat said...

Gorgeous card, fab colouring and love your videos
Ruth x

Jóna said...

Beautiful card Dana and super great coloring !!!!!!
Hugs, Jóna

Diane said...

These irises are so wonderful, Dana - they look real!
Diane x

Embosserissima said...

Wonderful. Great color! I love Copics. Thanks for sharing.