Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!!

I wish you chocolate covered strawberries and champagne!! But you will have to settle for a new challenge from Squigglefly ; )
This week our challenge is a non traditional Valentines with this recipe thrown in:
Purple, Brads, Paper Piercing and hearts.
That's quite a list but it was actually pretty easy. Here's what I came up with:

I just love her! She's got that far away look in her eye. Her name is Fairy Jenna and you can find her here.
Here's a few close ups:

Creating that dot background was a lot of fun. I made a tutorial last month and if you'd like, you can view it here.
The sentiment was computer generated.
I hope you will get the chance to enter the challenge this week. I can't wait to see of those lovely purple creations!!



Brenda said...

Wow Dana, this is a gorgeous card. OK, I am not surprised by that as your cards are always gorgeous!! I love the circle of glitter around your image. Your image is of course colored beautifully!!! I love all the added dimension to your card. That is quite a list of must haves for one card, but you incorporated everything beautifully!!!

Gina L said...

Dana, I've used your dot tutorial twice now. Thanks so much for it; I'm still practicing! LOL. Yours looks awesome. I love the bling you added around the image, too.

Patti J said...

Hi Dana! What a pretty card! You have colored the image so beautifully, she looks like she could fly right off that page! Love the glitter around the edge - great touch! Hope you have a good week! Happy Valentine's Day, dear friend!

*Vicki* said...

Wow Dana!! This is amazing hun!! I LOVE your image and your pretty purple colors!! WOW!! The sparkle along the edge is just perfect too!! :) Happy Valentine's Day!!HUGS

Holly said...

Dana, this is wonderful! I love your circle of glitter around the image - how did you get that so neat? Spectacular coloring!

Donna Heber said...


Your cards just blow me away! I wish I could color with Copics like you do. Happy Valentine's Day my friend.

Danni said...

Beautiful card and such a pretty image!! Great job!

Card Crazy said...

What a beautiful card and your coloring is marvelous. Perfect Challenge entry.
Sue S.

Kari said...

This is awsome,Dana!I love this image and it look`s like we both do :)
Stunning colouring! Fabulous card!
Have a lovely day :)

Hugs,Kari :)