Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's a Party and a New Challenge at The Outlawz!

You still have time to head over to The Outlawz and have a chance at winning an amazing array of prizes!! We are celebrating reaching over 300 members (now we are almost at 400!!) Woo Hoo!! 
There is a different challenge everyday of the weekend ranging in everything from Scrapbook to Copics. Thursday is my day to bring you the launch of the Prisma and Other Mediums Challenge. This week our challenge is "Anything Goes / Western Theme Optional".
You can use absolutely any medium on any type of project except for Copics/Promarkers (or any of the other "Art" markers). Watercolor markers are fine. 
So, I am really loving playing with my Prisma color pencils. Here's what I came up with for your inspiration this week:

I just love this little guy from Mo Manning (available here).
 I've done him once before (one of my all time fav's) when my daughter was going to take away the bottle from my grandson. You can see that post here.
I picked up this paper at Michaels. It's by Creative Imaginations and is it perfect for this theme or what?? All I had to add was a greeting which I created using a Rope font you can download for free here. I cut out some of the shapes from the paper, added some Glossy Accents and foam tape to pop them up.. and bam.. that's it!

Here's some close up shots:

I hope this inspired you to giddy up on over to The Outlawz and share your stuff!  You will love our group there, everyone is so friendly!!  It's a great time to be had by all!!
 Mo's Digital Pencil Too - Sketch (took great liberties with the sketch ladies)
Claudia & Company - About a Boy


Starla B. said...

Oh, honey, that is so cute!!! I absolutely love that image, and you did a FABULOUS job with your coloring!! Keep on rockin!!!

Lynne Armstrong said...

Everything about this card is PERFECT Dana! LOVE it :) What a great find those papers were.
Hugs xx

Dorcas said...

Its perfect, Dana! His skin has turned out so real looking and I love his western background. Awesome!

Brenda said...

Everytime I see your projects with your pencils I am so amazed that you are getting that depth with a pencil. I think your card is amazing!! Perfect papers and font!! I love that layered star!!
hugs, Brenda

ThePurplePlace said...

He's a little doll! I also am a fan of Mo's wonderful images and own a few! I only WISH I could color them as wonderfully as you do!!

Keep up the great work....I totally LOVE seeing your fabulous projects!!


Lisa Jane said...

oh this made me chuckle - so cute - love the background scene
Lisa ;)

Danni said...

This made me giggle! Oh so cute!!

Elaine L. said...

This is so beautifully done and put together! Love that BG paper and the badge. Glad you shared it with us in Mo's Challenge.

Pat said...

Hi Dana...this is just completely adorable!! I love this little guy...and you've colored him beautifully!! Your DPs are just perfect!! Just precious!! I'm so tickled that you've joined us for this week's fun challenge at Mo's!! Pat Frank

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

He is adorable Dana! I love all the details! I esp. love the rope font, the buttons and the badge! Great coloring!

Tracy said...

This is fantastic Dana! LOL He's so darned cute and you couldn't have done any better with the embellies you used. YEEHAW!

Crystal said...

Dana this is soooo cute, LOVE this adorable image and your coloring is SOOOO AWESOME!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Adorable!! Thank you so much for playing along with Claudia & Co!!
Sheri-C&Co DT

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

FAB card! Just love the coloring and everything about it!

~*Joni said...

Awww Dana, this is ADORABLE! Love Mo's image, Love your work, hope all is well with your family! :)
Thank you so much for joining in on our little boy challenge at Claudia and Company this week. :)
~*Joni C&Co. DT

Yvonne said...

What a nice little fellow.Hugs yvon