Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Outlawz Girlz "Swirls and Flourishes"

Today our challenge at The Outlawz Prisma's and Other Media is "Swirls and Flourishes". I LOVE me some swirls and flourishes!! I think they are so classy and elegant! We are also so very proud to have Sassy Studio Designs sponsoring us this month!! 

This week I used my Watercolor pencils instead of Prisma's. It has been really fun stretching myself!! 
Here's what I came up with:

That wonderful image is from Squigglefly and it's called Simple Pleasures. Here's a close up so you can read the sentiment:

 It says "fill each day with simple pleasures".

Other details:
Papers: K&Company, Bazzill
Flourish Die Cut: Kwik Kutz
Frame: Melissa Frances (Isn't it amazing!!! I love them) The dragonfly was just cut from paper
Ribbon: Stash
Bird was part of the paper. I just cut out a 2nd one and popped up with foam tape


The Sisterhood of Crafters - Anything Goes
Sir Stampalot Challenge - All Creatures Great and Small
Anything Goes Challenge Blog - Butterflies
My Time to Craft - Flourishes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes (Optional flowers)


Lisa Jane said...

OH its a beautiful image - i love it .. and i am really into flourishes at the moment too
Lisa ;)

Dorcas said...

This is very pretty, Dana! Such a lovely image and nicely colored too. :-)
Where do you all get these flourishes??? Whenever there's a swirls and fourishes challenge I have to get out my pearls or bling and try to make a flourish with it but I'm a little cheap about that. lol Is the flourish you used here a cricut diecut? My friend has a cricut maybe I should see what it can do...

pinky said...

Thats a beautiful card, so much attention to detail. Thanks for playing along at Sir Stampalot this month.

sue said...

a very pretty card lovely thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

Brenda said...

Fabulous card Dana. The image is colored beautifully!! The design of the card is gorgeous!! I love the added bird!

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

This is very pretty Dana! I love the softness about it! Your coloring is great no matter what you are coloring with. All your many details are so pretty! Love the velvet ribbon!

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Hi Dana, a truly wonderful card, love the images you used. Thank you for making me giggle reading your "About me". Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes

Crystal said...

Dana this is a GORGEOUS creation hun, WOW I LOVE all your details, coloring, and your flourishes are GORGEOUS!!!!

Sally H said...

Fabulous card, Dana! Thanks for joining in the animal antics at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Oh my goodness, Dana, I am speechless....truly speechless over so much detail and such beauty!! WOW, this piece of art needs a frame! I LOVE it! Hugs, Sabrina

JustYolie said...

Stunning card!!

Tracy said...

Good grief girl! The coloring on this is amazing!!! That planter looks like real concrete and the stones too--ALL of it! AWESOME!!! You rock my friend!

Colleen Holmes said...

Dana, I love everything about your card! Totally amazing what you do with the different mediums! I love it! Hugz

Carla aka scrappypug said...

What a lovely card!

Clare *Littlebear* said...

Wow, this is stunning Dana. I am blown away by your awesome colouring.
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

True :) said...

What a beautiful card Dana! That birdbath image is stunning!
Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Paper Take Weekly!
I am now one of your followers.  ;)  I would love it if you came to visit my blog and become a follower too!
True :D

Jane H said...

dana this is amazing! Hey check out my blog left you a little award!

Jacee said...

Hi Dana, I have something special for you on my blog, do pop over and see and let me know if you accept.
Hugs Jacee

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lynne Armstrong said...

Dana this is simply STUNNING!! Love everything about it. Beautiful image, amazing colouring, just a perfectly gorgeous card :) Makes me want to break out my (as yet hardly used!) pencils and get practising lol
Hugs xx

Pat said...

Lovely card, great image and colours. Thanks for sharing at MTTC this week.

Pat xx

Pam S. said...

beautiful Dana!
Pam Going Postal

Francesca said...

What a beautiful card , I love your colouring

Thanks for joining us at Sir stampalot this month and good luck!


Holly said...

Ack! How did I miss this?! It's gorgeous Dana! I love your coloring and the bird in the lower corner is perfect!