Thursday, February 24, 2011

Punch It Up

That's our challenge for you this week at The Outlawz in the Prisma and other Mediums challenge. So pull out those punches and Die cuts and show us your stuff! Here's what I came up with:


She was colored with my Prismacolor Pencils, but remember, you DO NOT have to use Prismacolor brand. Use whatever pencils or  medium you have at hand, except your alcohol ink markers like Copics or Promarkers. We have a seperate challenge at The Outlawz just for those that starts on Fridays of each week. You can do traditional stamping, distressing, embossing.... anything!!
Ok.. back to my card. This is a compilation of two different stamps. The little girl is from Sugar Nellie and the frame is from Make It Crafty. The sentiment stamp is from Hampton Arts. I've been having a lot of fun recently adding my sentiments this way. I am so influenced by all the great tags and mini albums I see out there and I figured this is a great way to add a sentiment and not have it interfere with the main image. 
Here's a close up:

She was colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with Odorless Mineral Spirits (I use Mona Lisa). 
I used my Oval and Scallop oval Nestie dies and the bottom punched panel was created using just the Cherish corner punch from Martha Stewart. I loved how that turned out!
I sure hope you'll gallop on over and join our group at The Outlawz. We are having a lot of fun and really getting to know one another since we can "discuss" and not just leave a comment. Remember, you do not have to color... but you know me. It's my passion!
Once you get to The Outlawz just click on Challenges at the top and the click on Thursdays - Prisma and Other Mediums.
Hugs~
Challenges:
Incy Wincy Designs - Punches/Die Cuts

11 comments:

Sylvia said...

Wow Dana, another little masterpiece you created with this card! LOVE LOVE LOVE your coloring.. it's amazing what you can do with Primscolor pencils *wow*
And this flower frame is a perfect additition to the beautiful girl!
Love everything about this card!
{hugs} Sylvia

NickelNook said...

Hi Dana! Thanks so much for popping in at my blog and becoming a follower! I've done likewise here! I LOVE this card! At first I was "Oh...she does Copics" lol I've chosen not to get into them but I want to color so badly!! This card is GORGEOUS!! THIS is what I want to do! I'm so excited that you use the pencils too! I'm going to be back frequently! I'm also going to watch all your videos! YAY!!...Nancy :o)

AN said...

Todella kauniisti väritetty -hienosti sommiteltu -kaikki niin kohdallaan
Tykkään kortista paljon
Kiitos kun osallistuit haasteeseen ja tulethan uudelleenkin!
aurinkoista päivää T: An

sari said...

awwww.... what a sweet card and the image is just so adorable! Love the colors and the ribbon and bow look great! Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this week!
/Sari

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful colouring Dana .
Love the little image
Lisa ;)

Tracy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Dana! I've been eyeing up some of those MIC digis and just may have to put an order in real soon. :-) Guess I'm also going to have to jump on the Outlawz bandwagon and check it out. Looks like your having a lot of fun over there.

Lin said...

Oh how darling is this Dana and Prismacolours my first love! The frame so suits the image.

Thanks for joining in with our ovals challenge at ABC.

Lin xx

Annette Bowes said...

STUNNING Dana! Gorgeous card love both of these images which you have coloured wonderfully, take careX:)

Cathy said...

SUch a beautiful card Dana, and gorgeous details.
Thank you for joining in the ovals challenge at the ABC challenge this week.
Cathy xx

SherriC. said...

oh Dana, this is soo pretty,

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card Dana!!