Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dusk in Lovers Pavilion

I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend. I just received news a little while ago that a good friend has lost her mother.  So it was with a very heavy heart that I spent the later part of the day coloring and praying.  I had printed out earlier in the day a compilation of two stamps. The Lovers Pavilion is from Make It Crafty and the little angel is from Crafts and Me (her name is Dusk).  
Hmmm.. in real life the sky and clouds look a whole lot better.. what's up with that? I used my own technique for doing the clouds. Even though I now have the airbrush system I still prefer to do them "my" way. You can see that here.
Here's a few close ups:
I do love how the roof of the pavillion turned out. Here's a close up of just Dusk:
Look at her with those cute bunnies!! Wouldn't that make an adorable image for Easter?
***EDIT***
If you were here earlier in the week I had mistakingly called this precious angel "Shey".. her name is "Dusk". Huge apologies!! But I did get one thing right.. lol. You can get her at Crafts and Me.
Hugs~
Challenges:
Make It Colorful - Smooth Gradiants
Crafts and Me - Things with Wings
Frosted Designs - No Patterned Paper
The Res Q Challenge - Something that make you happy (coloring makes me happy!)
Totally Paper Crafts - Do It With Digi's
4 Crafty Chicks - Fairy, Angel or Butterfly
Charisma Cardz - Spring Has Sprung
Samuel Taylors Crafts - Use Copics/Promarkers

24 comments:

Patti J said...

Beautifully done, Dana! Love the clouds, and your coloring is gorgeous, as always! Great job!

Danni said...

Gorgeous!! Truly stunning!

faithnme said...

Dana this is what brought me to your blog(Then I saw your Blog candy and the "side by side" coloring..

Soo sorry to hear about the lost.
I think this picture is a thing of "beauty" the details. wow ( I'm nooo where their yet

Thank you for sharing

Hugs

Brenda said...

So amazing. I feel like I use that word alot on your blog!! But seriously, this is so pretty. I love how you added the two together. The clouds look perfect so not sure what you are talking about! I love it and so will she!

Sylvia said...

oh my word.. Dana.. your coloring is just AMAZING!!! I soooo love the combination of the two images - they are just perfect together! GORGEOUS card (even though it's for a sad occasion)
{hugs} Sylvia

Lisa Jane said...

wow this is beautiful.. i love that little scene
Lisa ;)

Uma said...

sorry to hear of your friend's loss
what a beautiful scene, great combination of 2 images

Penni said...

I love this card - it's so pretty.

Hugs
Penni
X

Donna Heber said...

Breathtaking!!! I just can't believe all the coloring. This would take me days to complete. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. My deepest sympathy to her.

meeshka said...

Hi Dana,
So sad about our mutual friend :( I don't know what anyone could say to make her feel better, such a terrible time for her and all her family.
Your card is so stunning. I don't know what your beef is with the clouds... I can't see anything wrong with them! Thanks for joining us at MIC. Love your awesome card :)

Hugs, Meesh. XXX

may-chu said...

sorry to hear about friend...
this card is amazing, though. so cute and pretty!

Viv said...

Wow! Gorgeous clouds! Fab colouring and love your combination of images! Just so beautiful!
Thanks for playing at Make it Colourful! Viv :)

Trina said...

You coloring never ceases to amaze me! I have no clue what to send her... But I know it won't look as good as this.

Lisa T said...

OMG that is gorgeous! Awesome coloring! :)

Diane said...

This is so gorgeous, Dana and the colouring is just fabulous! The folds in Shay's dress are amazing!
Diane x

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

Simply STUNNING! I cannot believe you colored this! WOW! It is gorgeous! Thank you for playing at Frosted Designs!

Leanne said...

Nice card, love the image and the colors! Thanks for playing with us this week at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Lori said...

OMGOSH Dana...you are one talented colorer (if that is even a word - ha ha) AMAZING girl! I love everything about it - my mouth is hung open in awe. Thanks for joining us this week at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Tamie said...

WOW, WOW, WOW does your card have the wow factor. The image is gorgeous and the way you colored it is really fabby! Thank you so much for sharing your work of art with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Gemma said...

gorgeous creation! Thanks for taking part in our Springtime challenge at Charisma this week! Gemma :)

Zoe said...

Absolutely stunning Dana. You have created a gorgeous scene and I thought you did beautiful colouring. Love the clouds too. Thanks for joining us at Make it Colourful. hugs Zoe xxoo

Cor* said...

Congrats on one of the top spots at the Frosted Designs no DP challenge. This is truly a work of art. The recipient will treasure it! I HAVE to check out how you did those clouds!! I am still trying to pick my mouth up off the floor after seeing this. Thanks for sharing!

crafty amy said...

This is so pretty I love the way you have combined the images and your colouring looks amazing :D
Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

cebelica said...

Oh wow, this is stunning! I love everything about this card!