Thursday, February 10, 2011

Spots or Stripes?

Or both!! That's our challenge this week at The Outlawz Prisma and Other Mediums (POM). Btw.. you do NOT have to use Prismas. I think that name is now interchangeable with ANY colored pencils. I seriously forgot I had this paper (Cosmo Cricket "Snorkel") when I set this challenge, but look how perfect it works!!
I just adore Kiki Fairy from Mo Manning!! That little impish smile makes ME smile everytime!!

I've really been having fun learning how to use my Prisma colored pencils to achieve all the shading and highlights I love.  I don't think I have quite nailed it down yet but practicing is so much fun!! I colored this and then used OMS (ordorless Mineral Spirits) to blend it out with paper stumps.
Here's a few close ups:
I used Dorcas' tutorial on how to create those clouds. She is by far the queen of Prisma coloring and I bow to her skills ; )
You can view ALL of her amazing tut's on The Outlawz and also on her blog.
Just a close up of the sentiment. I cut the bottom layer with "Sparkle #1" from Sizzix, next layer is the smallest scallop circle Nestie and finally top layer is 1 1/2" EK Success Circle punch. Sorry, but I love details!! When I go to someone elses blog I just LOVE when they share their tricks!
Other than some buttons, Stickles, Stardust Sakura pen and white gel pen doodling I think that is it. 
Ok, to recap...
Prisma and Other Mediums Challenge "Spot or Stripes (or both!!) 
You can use absolutely any technique you want, except for Copics/Promarkers. We have a weekly challenge every week just for those. I've been having a ball playing with all my "stuff"! 
Come on over and join the fun!!

Make It Colorful - Blend Blue and Purple Together (her hat)
Crafty Creations - Use 3 Words
Flourishes - Buttons
Stamping Vacation - Inspired by Bubbles (but can't have bubbles)
Tuesday Throwdown - Buttons
Design Dollies - Color Challenge (Green, purple and Ivory.. those spots on the paper are ivory)


Brenda said...

Dana, another amazing card. I love this image. Your coloring is so fabulous, you truly amaze me how well you color with whatever you pick up!!! The card is gorgeous and the papers perfect for this challenge. hugs, bren

Lisa Jane said...

what fabulous colours and more amazing colouring
You amaze me every day
Lia ;)

Tammy said...

This is so gorgeous, Dana!! Wow g/f, you really rocked the Prisma's and OMS this week. Your little Kiki is colored to perfection!!!

Jane H said...

Dana you absolutely do the most amazing work! This is beautiful! I really need lessons from you.

jimlynn said...

Adorable Dana!!!! So very cute and your coloring is STUNNING!

Merry said...

This is such a beautiful love the colouring and that image just makes you smile. Perfect for the Clear as Mud Challenge - Bubbles over at Stamping Vacation....thanks for taking part.

Tracy said...

This is just fantastic! Guess I'm ging to have to drag out the Prismas again. :-)

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

what a precious card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations! :-) Amy

Crafteezee said...

Beautiful and love the image. I've seen it a couple of times and I think it has now made my wish list, lol. Thanks for joining our blending blue/purple challenge at Make It Colourful. Hugs Tracy x
P.S. There's candy on my blog until 16th if you want to hop over.

Crystal said...

Dana this is GORGEOUS!! I LOVE how you colored thsi image and the colors are sooo sweet!!! Absolutely DARLING sweetie!

Sandy Hulsart said...

Beautiful card, Dana. Lovely coloring on this sweet little fairy. You did a great job on the blue/purple combo. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Make It Colourful!

Ann English said...

Gorgeous! I have a large beautiful set of Prisams that taunt me as I color away with my Copics. Oh, I have played with them but it's so different! It's taken me a while to get comfortable with the Vopics-just not sure I can make the crossover. I am impatient with the learning curve!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh so very SWEET!

Andrea6760 said...

How sweet! I have actually seen that exact facial expression on my niece when she was younger. How cute and you have to smile along with her!

Your coloring with the prismacolor colored pencils is amazing and your blending is so smooth! Great job Dana!!


Sabr said...

What a sweet card!!

wendipooh13 said...

love all the fun details and great glitter!!!! thanks so much for playing along with the colors at Design Dollies!!!!

Scrapamum said...

What an adorable card!!!! That fairy is completely melting my heart.
Thanks for playing with the Dollies!!!

KarenB said...

Super sweet - I especially love the glittery wings :)